Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 390 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
$1,000,000 Math Problem

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

For just a math problem, that's an amazing reward. I wonder who will end up taking that million dollars (implying someone will). It's insane he'd give away so much, but at least he's putting the money towards something constructive.

Source:

I could give it a go. Now where is said problem?

Quote:(06-07-2013, 12:46 AM)Johnny Wrote:

I could give it a go. Now where is said problem?

I believe the equation is a^(x)+b^(y)=c^(z)

There's a whole bunch of millennium math problems. It isn't the type of math you can do with a calculator.

As for this instance:

The easier thing to do, unless you have studied number theory extensively, is try to find a counterexample to his conjecture.

Quote:(06-07-2013, 06:01 AM)w00t Wrote:

There's a whole bunch of millennium math problems. It isn't the type of math you can do with a calculator.

As for this instance:

The easier thing to do, unless you have studied number theory extensively, is try to find a counterexample to his conjecture.

It's interesting, because I can only see a professor being able to solve those. Seems somewhat discouraging in my opinion, haha.

Quote:(06-07-2013, 06:12 AM)Surfs Wrote:

I believe the equation is a^(x)+b^(y)=c^(z)

I solved for z, now what?

Quote:(06-07-2013, 07:33 PM)w00t Wrote:

The conjecture has nothing to do with solving the equation. To get the award, you must prove or disprove that:

if ( a^x + b^y = c^z ) and (a,b,c,x,y,z > 0) and (x,y,z > 2) then a,b, and c have a common prime factor.

Sounds easy enough. I will try to do this later.

Quote:(06-07-2013, 06:02 PM)Johnny Wrote:

I solved for z, now what?

The conjecture has nothing to do with solving the equation. To get the award, you must prove or disprove that:

if ( a^x + b^y = c^z ) and (a,b,c,x,y,z > 0) and (x,y,z > 2) then a,b, and c have a common prime factor.

Disproving it would be by far simpler( if it's in fact not always true ) as you could just program an algorithm to try every possible combination until it breaks.

Proving it isn't as simple as it seems. There's no mathematical law that states any correlation between powers of separate numbers.

I have scrambled eggs for brains.

I could never figure that out.