Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 769 Vote(s) - 3.59 Average
10 Years Since Satoshi Kon's Death

A few days ago marked 10 years since the legendary director Satoshi Kon's death. Hopefully we'll get to see Dreaming Machine one day. Rest in peace.

Quote:Ten years ago, on August 24, 2010, anime director Satoshi Kon died from pancreatic cancer at the age of 46.

In his short life, Kon became one of the most celebrated auteurs in anime history. He directed the films Perfect Blue, Millennium Actress, Tokyo Godfathers and Paprika, as well as the television series Paranoia Agent.

Aside from his work as a director, Kon was also known as a manga artist, animator and screenwriter who worked alongside other legends like Katsuhiro Otomo, Mamoru Oshii and Koji Morimoto.

Kon was known for probing a consistent set of themes throughout his work, including the hazy border between dreams and reality, the power of cinema, and characters at the outskirts of society.

At the time of his death, he was at work on another film about the power of dreams called Dreaming Machine. That film remains incomplete as of this writing.

Earlier this year, Kon was awarded a posthumous Winsor McCay Award, “one of the highest honors given to an individual in the animation industry in recognition for career contributions to the art of animation,” from the Annie Awards.

Today fans in Japan and around the world paid tribute to Kon with tweets, blog posts and other remembrances.

While we continue to mourn the loss of one of anime’s greatest voices, we remain thankful for the riches he left us.

Read More:

[To see links please register here]

Quote:(08-29-2020, 09:25 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Oh wow, I'd love to see Dreaming Machine one day. Rest in Peace Satoshi.

To my knowledge, it's currently cancelled but maybe one day.

Not being able to finish the anime was something he regretted:

Quote:(08-29-2020, 09:35 PM)Oni Wrote:

Quote: (08-29-2020, 09:25 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

To my knowledge, it's currently cancelled but maybe one day.

Not being able to finish the anime was something he regretted:

Wow, that is a really great article. Even if you don't know much about him or his work, it's an incredible insight to the fears of a dying man, for something he cared deeply about.