Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 363 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
A C++ Password Program

Huh, so you would get to the 492093th line that includes a password...

i don't understand, what do you mean by "492093th line" ? the password is 492093, and it doesn't have any meaning with the code's line...

I was suggesting that the password was from a file and that, ah never mind. :sad:

I really wish I could just lock my threads.

we all learning bro...

I tried thread tools but that didn't have anything about it. :/

i am new to C programming so cant say anything

Also a little bit more insight. You probably tried to use strcmp as

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

when actually, if strcmp finds that the strings are the same, it returns 0, not true.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Also it doesn't have to be from a file. You could just have the user set it at the first run of the program then you could store it in an encrypted database (which is a file) or update a resource with it in there, or you could set it as a registry value,... there's no limit as to what you could do.

Quote:(09-16-2012, 04:18 PM)Rodaxoleaux the Lab Rat Wrote:

Also a little bit more insight. You probably tried to use strcmp as

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

when actually, if strcmp finds that the strings are the same, it returns 0, not true.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Also it doesn't have to be from a file. You could just have the user set it at the first run of the program then you could store it in an encrypted database (which is a file) or update a resource with it in there, or you could set it as a registry value,... there's no limit as to what you could do.

Yes, I was going to do that, but for SOME reason, it wouldn't let me do that. I added the whole header file and that, but it really didn't work. So annoying. :headbash:

Anyway, the biggest point was to get the string with hidden input. :biggrin::epic:

[Also, after looking back on my code, I think I should have added \n at the end of the string. :wink:]

Good conversation,
i try self and working life charm,
Excellent work guys,
Thanks all of you.

Quote:(04-21-2012, 08:35 PM)Frooxius Wrote:

Also there's no reason to put code in curly brackets if you don't have more than one statement. It could be rewritten as this:

Actually there are good reasons to use curly brackets, even if you have only one statement.

People tend to forget them, when they add new statements and do something like this, wondering why it doesn't work:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Or people do something like this, also wondering why that doesn't work:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

@KillerOfCode, NERO: A hardcoded plaintext password is useless. Usually you use a cryptographic hash function for the password the user put in and compare the hash value with a saved one. This way you have no plaintext saved anywhere.