Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 660 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Andrew Tate banned from FB+IG

Probably shouldn't be here but feel free to move it - @jiggly @oni @mothered

I personally don't care for the guy, I've seen him talk shit on IG before but that's pretty much it. He said something about girls' kill counts needing to be on their foreheads if I recall. He seems to be a troll with a teenage fanbase so it's probably good he's off so they can get some serious role models.

I have Twitter for 1 reason and somehow random shit like this pops up, I don't even follow the guy who posted this tweet about Andrew Tate.

[To see links please register here]

But I do really like what they tweeted afterwards:
Quote:“but what about freedom of speech?” andrew tate has freedom of speech. he can say whatever he wants. but freedom of speech is not freedom of instagram. instagram is a company, not a constitutional right.

Some article regarding it:

The one in the tweet:

The video about what he said, not even making this shit up:

isn't he suppose to fight Paul bros?

If you remove the 10% of exagerations he does, he actually does give some decent takes on things and has a great mentality, he just does it for the clout, because the more exagerrated you are, the more attention you attract, sad to see freedom of speech slowly dying.

While Tate is a complete idiot, I don't think he should be censored. But, he doesn't have a right to stay on Twitter or Instagram either. They're both private companies, and they can ban whoever they want.

If he wants to speak his mind, he can always do it somewhere else.

Quote:(08-19-2022, 10:58 PM)Canadian Moose Wrote:

Probably shouldn't be here but feel free to move it
It's made headlines, so It's fine here.

People still use FB and Insta?
Both platforms are pretentious one way or another, but that doesn't exclude the fact that Tate wrongfully exaggerates delicate matters just to be famous.

It's really weird to me how Tate's popularity grew so fast these last few weeks. And it's even weirder how a lot of people seem to take his opinions very seriously even though it's pretty obvious, just by how extreme they are and the way that he phrases them, that the primary goal behind these opinions is to get attention and make people talk about him.
I do think it's sad, however, that Meta thought that the right thing to do was to censor him. They have every right to do that, of course, but it does say a lot about what social media companies think about freedom of speech, and how biased they really are.

Quote:(08-21-2022, 01:42 AM)Shionari Wrote:

It's really weird to me how Tate's popularity grew so fast these last few weeks. And it's even weirder how a lot of people seem to take his opinions very seriously even though it's pretty obvious, just by how extreme they are and the way that he phrases them, that the primary goal behind these opinions is to get attention and make people talk about him.
I do think it's sad, however, that Meta thought that the right thing to do was to censor him. They have every right to do that, of course, but it does say a lot about what social media companies think about freedom of speech, and how biased they really are.
What's even more weird is his audience I thought was teens, but I've seen a lot of tweets relating to it from parents talking about how their 11 and 12 year old sons are watching him. Yeah no, I think this asshole should in fact be censored. I wouldn't want my kid at 11 watching that shit. Remember how gullible you were at 11? or how little you knew? Yeah no, I'm actually in support of their decision if he's attracting pre-teens and younger.

Quote: (08-20-2022, 08:41 PM)Kranijje65 Wrote:

People still use FB and Insta?
Both platforms are pretentious one way or another, but that doesn't exclude the fact that Tate wrongfully exaggerates delicate matters just to be famous.
I imagine once IG turns more like TikTok they'll lose a large percentage of people. Even me I got back on IG because of my ex and I'm ready to get rid of it again. And yeah FB's been trash since like 2015, but it's a good communication tool for some.

Quote: (08-19-2022, 11:28 PM)Jidxja Wrote:

If you remove the 10% of exagerations he does, he actually does give some decent takes on things and has a great mentality, he just does it for the clout, because the more exagerrated you are, the more attention you attract, sad to see freedom of speech slowly dying.
10%? Ah you're being generous here. Anything for views I guess.

Quote: (08-20-2022, 02:45 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (08-19-2022, 10:58 PM)Canadian Moose Wrote:

Probably shouldn't be here but feel free to move it
It's made headlines, so It's fine here.
Yeah, surprised by how it's still relevant today, lots of tweets and engagement.

Quote: (08-19-2022, 11:57 PM)Andrea Bang Wrote:

isn't he suppose to fight Paul bros?
Both?

Quote: (08-20-2022, 12:13 AM)Drako Wrote:

While Tate is a complete idiot, I don't think he should be censored. But, he doesn't have a right to stay on Twitter or Instagram either. They're both private companies, and they can ban whoever they want.

If he wants to speak his mind, he can always do it somewhere else.
Tbh I haven't seen enough of him to see if he should be censored. He's still on TikTok where there's probably a lot more kids than on FB+IG so I'm surprised about that one.

Quote:(08-21-2022, 04:17 PM)Canadian Moose Wrote:

Quote: (08-21-2022, 01:42 AM)Shionari Wrote:

What's even more weird is his audience I thought was teens, but I've seen a lot of tweets relating to it from parents talking about how their 11 and 12 year old sons are watching him. Yeah no, I think this asshole should in fact be censored. I wouldn't want my kid at 11 watching that shit. Remember how gullible you were at 11? or how little you knew? Yeah no, I'm actually in support of their decision if he's attracting pre-teens and younger.
I mean fair enough. I certainly see your point. If I had an 11 year old kid, I wouldn't want him watching Tate either.
But personally, I would say protecting a child from inappropriate views/opinions on the internet is a responsibility for the parents, rather than social media platforms. I understand it's not an easy thing to monitor kids and always be aware of what they're doing online, but I think, all things considered, it's better this way. Just my opinion, though

This is the most important part:
Quote:“but what about freedom of speech?” andrew tate has freedom of speech. he can say whatever he wants. but freedom of speech is not freedom of instagram. instagram is a company, not a constitutional right.

I've heard some say that social media giants should be subject to government intervention, but the issue is that these sites are businesses and businesses have constitutional rights too. Society needs to acknowledge that by giving companies the power to monopolize social media, they're also sacrificing what they might consider "rights".

If you agree to Instagram (or any other company's) terms of service, you're accepting that they will do stuff exactly like this. Support companies that give you freedom of speech and privacy. Don't support shitty companies and they won't be able to leverage their platform against you.