Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 195 Vote(s) - 3.42 Average
[Anime Review] Barakamon

Barakamon
Comedy, Slice of Life

[Image: ffksll.jpg]

What is it about?
Handa Seishuu, a young but promising calligraphy professional, after reacting in an extreme manner to criticism, finds himself whisked away from modern Tokyo to a rural island for a period of reevaluation and reflection. Barakamon tells the story of Handa's time on the island, his interactions with the village folk, and the search for a calligraphy style that he can call his own. With this simple premise, Barakamon delivers a show that is light hearted, comedical, and downright enjoyable to watch. It was nigh impossible to go through a single episode without a big, silly grin all over my face.

Why do you recommend it?
Barakamon shows that you don't need aliens, magical powers and love triangles in order to create an exciting anime. Barakamon is not a tale of good triumphing over evil or a couple finding true love within one another, but rather an example of why our uneventful daily lives is story enough, even if said life involves being assaulted by small children.

There isn't a great deal that occurs in Barakamon's regrettably short 12-episode run. There is no overarching, deep story to keep you on the edge of your seat, and by the end of the final episode, not a whole lot has changed from the beginning. If you were to explain the story of Barakamon to one of your friends, they would likely respond by saying "That's it? Sounds boring." And they would be horribly wrong, as Barakamon is easily one of the best anime of the entire year.

What is my rating of this anime?
(3.7★/5★)

[To see links please register here]

Adding this to my watchlist. Great review as usual.

You make great reviews. At some point I will add them to the archives. Thank you. You've got a great way of explaining things that don't seem that easy to explain. I do want to watch this show now, although, if I'd read the synopsis elsewhere, I know I wouldn't have been interested.

Wow, I just saved this to my "plan to watch" list on hummingbird.me to find it has really great reviews. Most people seem to absolutely love it. Very few negative comments. There aren't that many shows that have good reviews that consistently. Definitely gonna watch it now.