Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 364 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
Apple Mach-O Linker Error when compiling for device

I've just upgraded to xcode 4.0 and I can no longer deploy to iPhone, I get a Apple Mach-O Linker Error, it still works for the simulator though.

Ld /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Intermediates/iParcel.build/Debug-iphoneos/iParcel.build/Objects-normal/armv7/iParcel normal armv7
cd /Users/yveswheeler/iParcel
setenv IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET 3.2
setenv PATH "/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 -arch armv7 -isysroot /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS4.3.sdk -L/Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -F/Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos -filelist /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Intermediates/iParcel.build/Debug-iphoneos/iParcel.build/Objects-normal/armv7/iParcel.LinkFileList -dead_strip -all_load -ObjC -lxml2 -miphoneos-version-min=3.2 -framework UIKit -framework CoreGraphics -framework QuartzCore /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20.a /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20Core.a /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20Network.a /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20Style.a /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20UI.a /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20UICommon.a /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20UINavigator.a -framework AddressBook -lz.1.2.3 -framework Foundation -framework CFNetwork -framework MobileCoreServices -framework SystemConfiguration -framework MessageUI -framework AudioToolbox -o /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Intermediates/iParcel.build/Debug-iphoneos/iParcel.build/Objects-normal/armv7/iParcel

arm-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20.a: No such file or directory
arm-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20Core.a: No such file or directory
arm-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20Network.a: No such file or directory
arm-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20Style.a: No such file or directory
arm-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20UI.a: No such file or directory
arm-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20UICommon.a: No such file or directory
arm-apple-darwin10-g++-4.2.1: /Users/yveswheeler/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iParcel-fkeqjcjcbbhjwhdssjptkdxzzzxh/Build/Products/Debug-iphoneos/libThree20UINavigator.a: No such file or directory
Command /Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/g++-4.2 failed with exit code 1

You may need to update your build settings.

Verify the iOS target version and the processor architectures, as you may not have the old SDKs with XCode 4.

You may see «Missing SDK» on the build settings. Change that to whatever applies.

I had the same and managed to solve it.

In xcode *preferences, location* tab change value under *build location* to "`Place build products in locations specified by targets"`.

Just ran into the same issue.

The solution (for me) = check your frameworks.

In my case I had added classes related to CoreData without "CoreData.framework". Adding it solved the MACH_O complaining.

Not sure if it's related, but seeing that you're running some three20 libraries, you may want to check this post on their website:

[To see links please register here]

One possibility: Turn on "Dead code stripping" in the Xcode 4 build settings.

Another possibility: It could be that you switched to using LLVM for some framework that was previously using GCC. Moving back to GCC (or LLVM GCC) may get rid of those warnings.

Check to make sure that you don't have a specific framework search path specified. if you go to the info on the target and just remove the framework search path entries it should use the defaults for your specified deployment version.

I had the same issue: just accidentally deleted a .m file, while .h was in the project.
The problem disappeared when I've restored the .m file.

The problem was that in XCode 4, the dependencies do not assume the architecture settings of the main project, as they previously did in XCode 3. I had to go through all of my dependencies setting them for the correct architecture.

I had this issue and importing `QuartzCore` fixed it.