Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 486 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
Assembly as a first language?

You *could* do it, but like other posters have said, assembly is way harder than most anything else.

Maybe if you are a masochist and want to do it learn C first to give you a baseline. Then use something like Visual C++ in Visual Studio to write inline assembly.

Inline assembly is way easier to get your head around than straight assembly. Leastways that's how I'm doing it.

Okay so here's an example I just cribbed from Uncle Google:

Spin up Visual c++, create a console project and cut and paste the following code in. Then you can put breakpoints in it and step through it to see what it's doing.

(Puts on flame jacket - yeah I know it's lame as fuck but it's an example of how a total beginner could do it...)

Following code will *work*....

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdafx.h>

int power2(int num, int power);

int main(void)
{
printf_s("3 times 2 to the power of 5 is %d\n", \
power2(3, 5));
}
int power2(int num, int power)
{
__asm
{
mov eax, num; Get first argument
mov ecx, power; Get second argument
shl eax, cl; EAX = EAX * (2 to the power of CL)
}
// Return with result in EAX
}

Here's another example. I've been playing with it the last thirty minutes.
This one takes an integer input, adds 5 to it and then returns it back to the calling c...

#include "stdafx.h"
#include "stdio.h"

int subtr(int num)
{
int z;
__asm
{
mov eax, num
sub eax, 5
mov z, eax
}
return z;

}

int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv[])
{
int num = 0;
num = subtr(5);
return 0;
}

If someone learned Assembly without any previous programming experience... I would be amazed
Though I don't think its impossible, it'd take a lot of time and by the time you learned... you'd be bald. xD

Straight assembly is tough. Not impossible as a staring language, but id reccomend something Object C based.

Quote:(01-12-2017, 01:39 AM)meow Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (01-12-2017, 01:38 AM)Hoss Wrote:

Quote: (01-11-2017, 01:13 AM)meow Wrote:

You seem like a faggot, but if you think you have the guts, go for it.
I would recommend that you learn it WITH something like C (not ++) so you get some experience with higher level languages

>C
>high level

What the fuck are you smoking?

C is pretty high level compared to nasm or fasm, which are still a level above true assembly. Most people think its "low level" because its honest about how memory is handled.

In all honesty op, start with C. Get comfy with pointers, and then move to C++ to learn datastructures. Then from there study how gcc works, and eventually move to fasm. I started out on C and tried to move directly to masm, turned out horribly. Take your time in all this, and really try to learn everything well. Its not an easy task.

Quote:(02-27-2017, 07:05 AM)PhargedPhreak Wrote:

You *could* do it, but like other posters have said, assembly is way harder than most anything else.

Maybe if you are a masochist and want to do it learn C first to give you a baseline. Then use something like Visual C++ in Visual Studio to write inline assembly.

Inline assembly is way easier to get your head around than straight assembly. Leastways that's how I'm doing it.

for me I'll recommend you to learn python first to get the concept of the programming...such as loops , conditional statements ...etc, then go to C and Assembly . The reasons I used python are easy to read , easy syntax ...a lot of resources .
Good Luck

All SNES games were built in assembly. It can be quite powerful and you will learn the same concepts as other languages. I actually think assembly might be simpler for a beginner with it's redundant syntax but that's just my opinion.

Thank you for sharing information

Assembly and C learning as first language would be difficult, but is doable. would recommend easier languages as their first. either way, youll have to learn one of them if u need something done