Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 849 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
Bestbuy DNA

Best Buy does this a lot. Make sure to screenshot all of the conversations because their reps will promise a refund just to get you off the line, but won't provide those transcripts later. You may have to do a chargeback.

Quote:(05-03-2023, 05:35 AM)noobcake89 Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (01-20-2023, 05:02 PM)kyungchul Wrote:

This doesn't really "help" you at all, but figured I'd share my experience. Hopefully you get a better outcome.

I know this thread is several months old but I thought I'd add my experience on as well.

Same as yours. For some reason, when your DNA fails their investigation, the representatives still tell you the refund will process. They continue this for weeks until your item is passed the return window, only then will they decide to tell you that the investigation team rejected the refund request.

That part annoyed me the most. I took the L and did plan to use the item either way. The also black listed my address.
To be fair, I did hit them quite a few times, I did not know about address jigging at the time. So my arrogance in thinking they wouldn't catch on was the down fall of me.

But they definitely are on some BS with their "delaying" method.

I can only imagine how much worse this would be for an actual consumer.. but hey, that's what credit cards are for!

I've seen this happen enough - and have encountered it myself enough - to feel confident in assuming that this is a deliberate move by Best Buy. They know their shitty, uniquely short return policy is garbage, and that they just have to bait customers long enough for it to pass to keep your money. BB reps will hang up the phone/chat on you at the slightest hint of frustration or pushback, and will give you every lie in the book to keep you from pressing them further, getting you off the line quickly and likely keeping to their "quotas" for CS engagements.
It's pretty shitty, and though I have had some successful DNAs with them in the past, it's not worth the guessing game of "did I actually succeed, or are they lying to me?"

Quote: (05-03-2023, 04:35 PM)ffeffffefff Wrote:

Best Buy does this a lot. Make sure to screenshot all of the conversations because their reps will promise a refund just to get you off the line, but won't provide those transcripts later. You may have to do a chargeback.

Very much agree - have documentation of everything, be that a recorded call - if legal/where applicable - or preferably by doing everything via email/live chat so there's a paper trail. BB may lie to you and screw you on their return policy, but your bank will likely side with you if you have ample evidence that they promised you a refund but turned out to be dishonest. (This has worked for me, personally.)