Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 174 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
[Challenge] Can you find the bug?

Hello folks!
So a friend just sent me that piece of code with the explanation "The following script performs a DNS lookup for a host that a user provides. It uses an HMAC to make sure it is requested from a trusted source.". There is an important bug in it that's making the whole request source verification useless.
Let's see if anybody is able to find it :wink:

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

Holy shit this was hard...
I tried a couple of things and than remembered another cool thing and solved it.
I know the answer but I don't want to spoil it for anyone else so I wont post the solution here, but if someone wants the solution you can PM me.

I thought the exec would be the dangerous part in the beginning but then I noticed you can just use a small trick to set the secret to something predictable haha but yea it was definitely harder then the average challenges because I didn’t expect the issue to be where it actually is.

Got it almost immidately after your hint. This might be a good ctf question.

The only error was the parenthesis at the top, the rest, im not quite sure what your wanting lol, its just a post request to find the IP of a domain

Easy i know the bug after reading the comments

Quote:(02-12-2019, 04:08 PM)daizu Wrote:

Easy i know the bug after reading the comments
This is from 2 months ago, just to let you know :wink:.