Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 634 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
Chroma Servers | Full Branding

Recently, I've been working on a new project for Chroma Servers. So far, I've made their logo, signature, and thread design.
Since this is a big project, I'll gradually update this thread with new updates on what I've made.

Part 1 (Logo Design)

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

As usual, criticism is appreciated. unless you're crovus <3
[/hide]
[/hide]

Quote:(08-11-2016, 09:47 PM)Skryptec Wrote:

This looks very good!

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:(08-11-2016, 09:41 PM)Jebusfathead Wrote:

The text on the thread design seems really small to me, some parts I can't read

Tried keeping it minimal. Is it really that small?

This looks very good!

Thanks for making this for me.
Love you a lot.

Quote:(08-11-2016, 09:43 PM)Blur Wrote:

Quote: (08-11-2016, 09:41 PM)Jebusfathead Wrote:

I manage to see it perfectly, so does my friend.
Inb4 hes on mobile :^)

Quote:(08-11-2016, 09:43 PM)Blur Wrote:

Quote: (08-11-2016, 09:41 PM)Jebusfathead Wrote:

Idk it might be my resolution, or the fact that it's in a spoiler idk.

@142 I ain't on mobile this time :p

This is truly beautifully clean.

Seeing how you went through the effort of splitting each branding level up, then I'll go ahead and comment in such a manner as well.

Logo
First of all, kudos as it seems like you didn't just use a pre-made a font but rather made it yourself. At least I couldn't find a font alike it. (Though if you did use a pre-made font, then do share.) The logo has two major problems. Size issues and a lack of creativity. You also seem to have (subjective meaning) failed on your goals. It doesn't look professional, nor is it really "fun". (End of subjective meaning.) Reason for this that it doesn't do well in black and white, using pure white and pure black. A logo should always be able to use at extreme contrasts, which this doesn't do thanks to the color on it. This means that it can bump into issues in it's overall use. Back to the other issues I said. If you notice, then most logos are closer to a square than a long rectangle these days.

That is because it allows logos to easily be used universally while still retaining their readability. When this logo will be resized, it would require a fairly large canvas for its width, or it would need to be too small because of it. (More on this on the thread design.) Another thing was the lack of creativity. "Chroma" means "Purity" or "Intensity of colors", along with that you have the word "Servers" that make up the logo. While this logo shows "Chroma" through the use of colors (which is the uncreative part), then it doesn't show "servers" in any way. Now if you were to find something that did, then work that into the meaning of "Chroma" then you'd have a much more creative looking logo that most likely could do better in both size and extreme contrasts.

On a side note, I do hope that you made this logo in Illustrator. (If you did, then work on the edges, they are rough and jagged.)

A second side note, the logo font. Its a pre-made font you altered the edges on isn't it? Making it into a Serif font? That is another suggestion, using Serif Fonts for digital use is generally a very bad idea.

Thread Design
Now this is where my expertise can be a bit more useful in general, as this governs purely design. The first (massive) issue is the header of the design. It's far too empty, mostly because of the size issues with the logo as I mentioned earlier but also because of it's height. Though there is a secondary issue with the logo that is made apparent here (it has something to do with its usability) it's weight (Thickness). Seeing how you tried to gain font contrast by making the undertitle thinner, then I assume you were partly aware of this. But because the main logo is so thin, the undertitle is far too thin for its own good. Though if the logo was any bigger then it would occupy too much space horizontally speaking and in turn lose it's focus.

Best way to solve this would be redesign the logo to a bit more vertical, so you can increase the space to occupy more on a vertical way. Another would be to increase the weight of it, so you can in turn increase the weight of the undertitle. I also checked, your header is 624px in height, which is stupidly high. I'd aim for 400px at max, and around 300-400px for your average height. On the topic of size, the overall width of the design is 1200px, which isn't bad for a PC display for most cases. However, design don't work out of "most cases" but "all cases". Throughout testing, I've found that 900-1000px works the best universally speaking. (Though phone users will have some issues because of the way a forum works.)

Now kudos for managing to do one thing that few can these days. Proper spacing between text and edges. The first text box showcase this, but also showcase a issue that become more and more apparent the further down we go in your design. The font used in the main text boxes lack weight, and when they become smaller they lose quality and readability. Learn to use fonts with more weight, instead of "light" use something like "Regular" or "Normal" weight or just find a thicker font. On a side note, the "Learn More" button is one pixel closer to the bottom than the top.