Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 693 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
Ettercap Man In The MIddle Attack + SSL Strip

Quote:(09-06-2011, 12:07 PM)akitta Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (09-06-2011, 03:26 AM).LiT Wrote:

Quote: (09-04-2011, 11:23 PM)akitta Wrote:

Excellent tutorial .LIT i'm going to give you rep i think you deserve it for this. ettercap and sslstrip do work across wifi aswell,

Thanks! Hmm really you got it to work well with wifi? I've never got it to work correctly wireless for some reason. How do you do it? Do you just specify your wireless interface when you run ettercap? -i wlan0 or something like that?

Yeh just specify which interface your using (ie -i wlan0) then you have to put in the router and target ip-add (like this 'ettercap -T -Q -M arp:remote -i wlan0 /192.168.1.254/ /192.168.1.89/ -P remote_browser') OR if your using ettercap -G (GUI) just search HOSTS

i've just seen this aswell for configuring ettercap to not throw up fake certificates (don't know if it works)
Ettercap has been capable of sniffing HTTPS usernames and passwords for years. It uses a fake certificate that's easy to spot when visiting 'important' sites like online banking etc. There are two lines you need to uncomment in ettercaps config file.
So, don't accept new certificates ('add exception' in Firefox) without reading them!
This could be useful beacause the only reason i don't use ettercap is because of it throwing up certificates when sniffing.

Thanks for the help man. Yes that worked I tested it today on my wireless network!

Quote:(09-06-2011, 12:07 PM)akitta Wrote:

Quote: (09-06-2011, 03:26 AM).LiT Wrote:

Quote: (09-04-2011, 11:23 PM)akitta Wrote:

Excellent tutorial .LIT i'm going to give you rep i think you deserve it for this. ettercap and sslstrip do work across wifi aswell,

Thanks! Hmm really you got it to work well with wifi? I've never got it to work correctly wireless for some reason. How do you do it? Do you just specify your wireless interface when you run ettercap? -i wlan0 or something like that?

Yeh just specify which interface your using (ie -i wlan0) then you have to put in the router and target ip-add (like this 'ettercap -T -Q -M arp:remote -i wlan0 /192.168.1.254/ /192.168.1.89/ -P remote_browser') OR if your using ettercap -G (GUI) just search HOSTS

i've just seen this aswell for configuring ettercap to not throw up fake certificates (don't know if it works)
Ettercap has been capable of sniffing HTTPS usernames and passwords for years. It uses a fake certificate that's easy to spot when visiting 'important' sites like online banking etc. There are two lines you need to uncomment in ettercaps config file.
So, don't accept new certificates ('add exception' in Firefox) without reading them!
This could be useful beacause the only reason i don't use ettercap is because of it throwing up certificates when sniffing.

Thanks for the help man. Yes that worked I tested it today on my wireless network!

Glad i could help you out m8..!
I don't really know much about hacking but wifi and sniffing are my strongest subjects.

nice tutor bro :biggrin:

thanks for share

Really cool tutorial! Thanks!

Great tutorial man.... keep going

nice post...thet is some detalis that you have to put it but it's good job...thanks.

Wow man this is a very detailed guide. I'm still having some trouble understanding it all but still, wow. Is this possible on another network other than your home? Just curious.

Simily awesome and well explained.

I would like to ask if the dns spoof is native in ettercap.

Cheers!

nice tut im new in forum and actually i dont like forums because of the complexity new old promote etc but nice tut and nice forum i will try to use the idea