Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 805 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
Finding duplicate values in MySQL

One very late contribution... in case it helps anyone waaaaaay down the line... I had a task to find matching pairs of transactions (actually both sides of account-to-account transfers) in a banking app, to identify which ones were the 'from' and 'to' for each inter-account-transfer transaction, so we ended up with this:

SELECT
LEAST(primaryid, secondaryid) AS transactionid1,
GREATEST(primaryid, secondaryid) AS transactionid2
FROM (
SELECT table1.transactionid AS primaryid,
table2.transactionid AS secondaryid
FROM financial_transactions table1
INNER JOIN financial_transactions table2
ON table1.accountid = table2.accountid
AND table1.transactionid <> table2.transactionid
AND table1.transactiondate = table2.transactiondate
AND table1.sourceref = table2.destinationref
AND table1.amount = (0 - table2.amount)
) AS DuplicateResultsTable
GROUP BY transactionid1
ORDER BY transactionid1;

The result is that the `DuplicateResultsTable` provides rows containing matching (i.e. duplicate) transactions, but it also provides the same transaction id's in reverse the second time it matches the same pair, so the outer `SELECT` is there to group by the first transaction ID, which is done by using `LEAST` and `GREATEST` to make sure the two transactionid's are always in the same order in the results, which makes it safe to `GROUP` by the first one, thus eliminating all the duplicate matches. Ran through nearly a million records and identified 12,000+ matches in just under 2 seconds. Of course the transactionid is the primary index, which really helped.

I saw the above result and query will work fine if you need to check single column value which are duplicate. For example email.

But if you need to check with more columns and would like to check the combination of the result so this query will work fine:

SELECT COUNT(CONCAT(name,email)) AS tot,
name,
email
FROM users
GROUP BY CONCAT(name,email)
HAVING tot>1 (This query will SHOW the USER list which ARE greater THAN 1
AND also COUNT)

Select column_name, column_name1,column_name2, count(1) as temp from table_name group by column_name having temp > 1

My final query incorporated a few of the answers here that helped - combining group by, count & GROUP_CONCAT.

SELECT GROUP_CONCAT(id), `magento_simple`, COUNT(*) c
FROM product_variant
GROUP BY `magento_simple` HAVING c > 1;

This provides the id of both examples (comma separated), the barcode I needed, and how many duplicates.

Change table and columns accordingly.

SELECT t.*,(select count(*) from city as tt
where tt.name=t.name) as count
FROM `city` as t
where (
select count(*) from city as tt
where tt.name=t.name
) > 1 order by count desc

Replace **city** with your Table.
Replace **name** with your field name

Taking [*@maxyfc's* answer][1] further, I needed to find *all* of the rows that were returned with the duplicate values, so I could edit them in [MySQL Workbench][2]:

SELECT * FROM table
WHERE field IN (
SELECT field FROM table GROUP BY field HAVING count(*) > 1
) ORDER BY field

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[2]:

SELECT ColumnA, COUNT( * )
FROM Table
GROUP BY ColumnA
HAVING COUNT( * ) > 1

I prefer to use windowed functions(MySQL 8.0+) to find duplicates because I could see entire row:

WITH cte AS (
SELECT *
,COUNT(*) OVER(PARTITION BY col_name) AS num_of_duplicates_group
,ROW_NUMBER() OVER(PARTITION BY col_name ORDER BY col_name2) AS pos_in_group
FROM table
)
SELECT *
FROM cte
WHERE num_of_duplicates_group > 1;

**[DB Fiddle Demo](

)**

Try using this query:

SELECT name, COUNT(*) value_count FROM company_master GROUP BY name HAVING value_count > 1;

If you want to remove duplicate use `DISTINCT`

Otherwise use this query:

`SELECT users.*,COUNT(user_ID) as user FROM users GROUP BY user_name HAVING user > 1;`