Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 523 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
Generating a single Entity from existing database using symfony2 and doctrine

Is it possible to generate a single entity from database using the Symfony2 console tool?

In the middle of coding I had to add a table and there are modifications made to the existing entity classes. So I don't want all my entities regenerated.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

For the third command, doctrine kept regenerating all of the Entity files. By adding the entity name after the bundle, it only generated the entity I was interested in.

php app/console doctrine:generate:entities AppMyBundle:Yourtablename --no-backup

I had the same problem, you've to do this way:

php app/console doctrine:mapping:convert metadata_format \
./src/App/MyBundle/Resources/config/doctrine \
--from-database \
--filter="Yourtablename"

Then

php app/console doctrine:mapping:import AppMyBundle \
metadata_format --filter="Yourtablename"

Where `metadata_format` is the file ending you want to generate (e.g. xml, yml, annotation)

And finally

php app/console doctrine:generate:entities AppMyBundle --no-backup

Like this doctrine will load only the entity you need. Just be carefull on the filter you must use the CamelCase !

Hope this will help you

@fyrye's comment that is currently hidden deserves the credit, wanted to add this so it's not missed by others. This is the approach:

/** @var \Doctrine\DBAL\Connection $connection */
$config = $connection->getConfiguration();

// for excluding an specific table
$config->setFilterSchemaAssetsExpression('/^(table_to_reverse_engineer_1|table_to_reverse_engineer_2).*$/');

**source:

[To see links please register here]

I was having issues when running the following command because of large number of badly defined legacy tables

php ./vendor/bin/doctrine orm:convert-mapping --force --from-database annotation ./src/UI/Entity/

It turns out that the --filter flag only filters AFTER it has read meta data from all of your tables which, if they don't have primary keys or have some other issue, will cause the command to fail

I had exactly the same issue with Symfony 2.4 and MySQL.

None of the workarounds posted above worked for me.

I ended up creating a new database with the tables I want to extract (this can be easy to do because MySQL provides the creation script).

Then changed the connection to that new database and executed the entity extraction command from there.

Seems to be a bit radical, but I will not create the entities by hand.

Hope that helps

I would have left this as a comment to the accepted answer but I'm a newbie.

For those like me who had trouble with the --filter switch mapping multiple tables with coincident strings in names, one can use a pattern.

Example table names:

Vendor
VendorContact

--from-database \
--filter="Vendor"

That command will convert both tables rather than just Vendor. If you want just Vendor and not VendorContact, use a pattern in --filter:

--from-database \
--filter="\bVendor\b"

Hope that helps someone!

Simple Working Solution for Symfony 2.7 option annotation and for [/xml/yml] see

do 3 commands in 3 steps:

$ php app/console doctrine:mapping:import --force AppBundle xml --filter="Meeting"

(**NOTE:** if your database name is `my_meeting` You will need to change it to `MyMeeting` in `filter="MyMeeting"` for doctrine to find your table name. This is because doctrine will always strip underscores and add Camel-case to your table name. If not, you will get this error: _"Database does not have any mapping information"_.)

$ php app/console doctrine:mapping:convert annotation ./src/AppBundle/Entity --from-database --filter="Meeting"

(**NOTE:** making sure you have `namespace AppBundle\Entity;` as below in your **Meeting.php** class file like this:

<?php
/**
* Created by PhpStorm.
* User:
* Date: 03-Sep-2015
* Time: 3:23 PM
*/
namespace AppBundle\Entity;

use Doctrine\ORM\Mapping as ORM;

If not add it in.)

where:

- AppBundle is exactly your "AppBundle" in Symfony 2.7
- Meeting is the target table (Camel-Case sensitive)

TO BE SURE, check this directory:

> src\AppBundle/Resources/config/doctrine/Meeting.orm.xml

AND MAKING SURE you only have .xml files for the table you want to create entity class files and no others. Then run this below command to generate get and set methods for your entity class that you created previously

> $ php app/console doctrine:generate:entities AppBundle:Meeting --no-backup

NOTE2:
As the last step you must delete the xml doctrine orm db file in for example `src\AppBundle/Resources/config/doctrine/VisitorData.orm.xml`

It works very well for me.

For explanation please read:

Works great with Symfony 3 too.

If you are getting "No Metadata Classes to process." message try convert your tablename to Doctrine camel casing in the filter parameter.

"my_table_name" needs to be write as "MyTableName".

Didn't work any of these for my symfony 3.3. So I just created a copy of directory and re-generated all of the entities in copy directory. Then I copied required entities in my original directory.

--filter does not work due to this issue

None of the answers were quite right for me using **Symfony 3**. I ended up doing:

php bin/console doctrine:mapping:import --force MyBundle xml --filter="MyTable"

php bin/console doctrine:mapping:convert annotation ./src --filter="MyTable"

php bin/console doctrine:generate:entities MyBundle:MyTable --path ./src