Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 663 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
How can I click a button behind a transparent UIView?

Top voted solution was not fully working for me, I guess it was because I had a TabBarController into the hierarchy (as one of the comments points out) it was in fact passing along touches to some parts of the UI but it was messing with my tableView's ability to intercept touch events, what finally did it was overriding **hitTest** in the view I want to ignore touches and let the subviews of that view handle them

- (UIView *)hitTest:(CGPoint)point withEvent:(UIEvent *)event{
UIView *view = [super hitTest:point withEvent:event];
if (view == self) {
return nil; //avoid delivering touch events to the container view (self)
}
else{
return view; //the subviews will still receive touch events
}
}

Create a custom view for your container and override the pointInside: message to return false when the point isn't within an eligible child view, like this:

Swift:

class PassThroughView: UIView {
override func point(inside point: CGPoint, with event: UIEvent?) -> Bool {
for subview in subviews {
if !subview.isHidden && subview.isUserInteractionEnabled && subview.point(inside: convert(point, to: subview), with: event) {
return true
}
}
return false
}
}

Objective C:

@interface PassthroughView : UIView
@end

@implementation PassthroughView
-(BOOL)pointInside:(CGPoint)point withEvent:(UIEvent *)event {
for (UIView *view in self.subviews) {
if (!view.hidden && view.userInteractionEnabled && [view pointInside:[self convertPoint:point toView:view] withEvent:event])
return YES;
}
return NO;
}
@end

Using this view as a container will allow any of its children to receive touches but the view itself will be transparent to events.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

Try this

class PassthroughToWindowView: UIView {
override func test(_ point: CGPoint, with event: UIEvent?) -> UIView? {
var view = super.hitTest(point, with: event)
if view != self {
return view
}

while !(view is PassthroughWindow) {
view = view?.superview
}
return view
}
}

Try set a `backgroundColor` of your `transparentView` as `UIColor(white:0.000, alpha:0.020)`. Then you can get touch events in `touchesBegan`/`touchesMoved` methods. Place the code below somewhere your view is inited:

self.alpha = 1
self.backgroundColor = UIColor(white: 0.0, alpha: 0.02)
self.isMultipleTouchEnabled = true
self.isUserInteractionEnabled = true

A far simpler way is to "Un-Check" User Interaction Enabled in the interface builder. "If you are using a storyboard"

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

[1]:

I use that instead of override method point(inside: CGPoint, with: UIEvent)
```
override func hitTest(_ point: CGPoint, with event: UIEvent?) -> UIView? {
guard self.point(inside: point, with: event) else { return nil }
return self
}
```

If you don't want to use a category or subclass UIView, you could also just bring the button forward so that it is in front of the transparent view. This won't always be possible depending on your application, but it worked for me. You can always bring the button back again or hide it.