Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 632 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
How can I convert my device token (NSData) into an NSString?

I am implementing push notifications. I'd like to save my APNS Token as a String.

- (void)application:(UIApplication *)application
didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken:(NSData *)newDeviceToken
{
NSString *tokenString = [NSString stringWithUTF8String:[newDeviceToken bytes]]; //[[NSString alloc]initWithData:newDeviceToken encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];
NSLog(@"%@", tokenString);
NSLog(@"%@", newDeviceToken);
}

The first line of code prints null. the second prints the token. How can I get my newDeviceToken as an NSString?

Try this one unless the data is null-terminated.

`NSString* newStr = [[NSString alloc] initWithData:newDeviceToken
encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];`

NSString *tokenstring = [[NSString alloc] initWithData:token encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];

It's my solution and It works well in my app:

NSString* newToken = [[[NSString stringWithFormat:@"%@",deviceToken]
stringByTrimmingCharactersInSet:[NSCharacterSet characterSetWithCharactersInString:@"<>"]] stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:@" " withString:@""];

- convert `NSData` to `NSString` with `stringWithFormat`
- trim the "<>"
- remove the spaces

-(NSString *)deviceTokenWithData:(NSData *)data
{
NSString *deviceToken = [[data description] stringByTrimmingCharactersInSet:[NSCharacterSet characterSetWithCharactersInString:@"<>"]];
deviceToken = [deviceToken stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:@" " withString:@""];
return deviceToken;
}

This is a little bit shorter solution:

NSData *token = // ...
const uint64_t *tokenBytes = token.bytes;
NSString *hex = [NSString stringWithFormat:@"%016llx%016llx%016llx%016llx",
ntohll(tokenBytes[0]), ntohll(tokenBytes[1]),
ntohll(tokenBytes[2]), ntohll(tokenBytes[3])];

NSString *tokenString = [[newDeviceToken description] stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString:@"[<> ]" withString:@"" options:NSRegularExpressionSearch range:NSMakeRange(0, [[newDeviceToken description] length])];

For Swift :

var characterSet: NSCharacterSet = NSCharacterSet( charactersInString: "<>" )
var deviceTokenString: String = ( deviceToken.description as NSString )
.stringByTrimmingCharactersInSet( characterSet )
.stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString( " ", withString: "" ) as String

println( deviceTokenString )

Swift:

let tokenString = deviceToken.description.stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString("[ <>]", withString: "", options: .RegularExpressionSearch, range: nil)

Swift

// make sure that we have token for the devie on the App
func application(application: UIApplication
, didRegisterForRemoteNotificationsWithDeviceToken deviceToken: NSData) {

var tokenStr = deviceToken.description
tokenStr = tokenStr.stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString("<", withString: "", options: [], range: nil)
tokenStr = tokenStr.stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString(">", withString: "", options: [], range: nil)
tokenStr = tokenStr.stringByReplacingOccurrencesOfString(" ", withString: "", options: [], range: nil)

print("my token is: \(tokenStr)")

}