Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 399 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
How can I load storyboard programmatically from class?

My problem is that I was looking for way to use both **storyboard** and **xib**. But I can't find proper way to load and show storyboard programmatically. Project was started developing with xib, and now it's very hard to nest all xib files in storyboard. So I was looking a way to do it in code, like with `alloc, init, push` for viewControllers. In my case I have only one controller in storyboard: `UITableViewController`, which has static cells with some content I want to show. If anyone knows proper way to work both with xib and storyboard without huge refactoring, I will appreciate for any help.

In your storyboard go to the Attributes inspector and set the view controller's Identifier. You can then present that view controller using the following code.

UIStoryboard *sb = [UIStoryboard storyboardWithName:@"MainStoryboard" bundle:nil];
UIViewController *vc = [sb instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:@"myViewController"];
vc.modalTransitionStyle = UIModalTransitionStyleFlipHorizontal;
[self presentViewController:vc animated:YES completion:NULL];

In attribute inspector give the identifier for that view controller and the below code works for me

UIStoryboard *storyboard = [UIStoryboard storyboardWithName:@"MainStoryboard" bundle:nil];
DetailViewController *detailViewController = [storyboard instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:@"DetailViewController"];
[self.navigationController pushViewController:detailViewController animated:YES];

Try this

UIStoryboard *mainStoryboard = [UIStoryboard storyboardWithName:@"Main" bundle:nil];
UIViewController *vc = [mainStoryboard instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:@"Login"];

[[UIApplication sharedApplication].keyWindow setRootViewController:vc];

in swift
**NavigationController** and **pushController** you can replace for

present(vc, animated:true , completion: nil)

You can always jump right to the root controller:

UIStoryboard* storyboard = [UIStoryboard storyboardWithName:@"Main" bundle:nil];
UIViewController *vc = [storyboard instantiateInitialViewController];
vc.modalTransitionStyle = UIModalTransitionStyleFlipHorizontal;
[self presentViewController:vc animated:YES completion:NULL];

# Swift 3

let storyboard = UIStoryboard(name: "Main", bundle: nil)
let vc = storyboard.instantiateViewController(withIdentifier: "viewController")
self.navigationController!.pushViewController(vc, animated: true)

# Swift 2

let vc = storyboard.instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier("viewController")
self.navigationController!.pushViewController(vc, animated: true)

**Prerequisite**

Assign a *Storyboard ID* to your view controller.

[![Storyboard ID][1]][1]

*IB > Show the Identity inspector > Identity > Storyboard ID*

**Swift (legacy)**

let vc = storyboard.instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier("viewController") as? UIViewController
self.navigationController!.pushViewController(vc!, animated: true)

*Edit: Swift 2 suggested in a comment by [Fred A.][2]*

if you want to use without any navigationController you have to use like following :

let Storyboard = UIStoryboard(name: "Main", bundle: nil)
let vc = Storyboard.instantiateViewController(withIdentifier: "viewController")
present(vc , animated: true , completion: nil)

[1]:

[2]:

[To see links please register here]

The extension below will allow you to load a `Storyboard` and it's associated `UIViewController`. Example: If you have a `UIViewController` named `ModalAlertViewController` and a storyboard named "ModalAlert" e.g.
```swift
let vc: ModalAlertViewController = UIViewController.loadStoryboard("ModalAlert")
```
Will load both the `Storyboard` and `UIViewController` and `vc` will be of type `ModalAlertViewController `. **Note** Assumes that the storyboard's Storyboard ID has the same name as the storyboard and that the storyboard has been marked as *Is Initial View Controller*.
```swift
extension UIViewController {
/// Loads a `UIViewController` of type `T` with storyboard. Assumes that the storyboards Storyboard ID has the same name as the storyboard and that the storyboard has been marked as Is Initial View Controller.
/// - Parameter storyboardName: Name of the storyboard without .xib/nib suffix.
static func loadStoryboard<T: UIViewController>(_ storyboardName: String) -> T? {
let storyboard = UIStoryboard(name: storyboardName, bundle: nil)
if let vc = storyboard.instantiateViewController(withIdentifier: storyboardName) as? T {
vc.loadViewIfNeeded() // ensures vc.view is loaded before returning
return vc
}
return nil
}
}
```

For **swift 4 and 5**, you can do this. Good practice is set name of Storyboard equal to StoryboardID.

enum StoryBoardName{
case second = "SecondViewController"
}
extension UIStoryboard{
class func load(_ storyboard: StoryBoardName) -> UIViewController{
return UIStoryboard(name: storyboard.rawValue, bundle: nil).instantiateViewController(withIdentifier: storyboard.rawValue)
}
}

and then you can load your Storyboard in your ViewController like this:

class MyViewController: UIViewController{
override func viewDidLoad() {
super.viewDidLoad()
guard let vc = UIStoryboard.load(.second) as? SecondViewController else {return}
self.present(vc, animated: true, completion: nil)
}

}

When you create a new Storyboard just set the same name on StoryboardID and add Storyboard name in your enum "**StoryBoardName**"