Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 465 Vote(s) - 3.44 Average
How do I add a simple jQuery script to WordPress?

you can write your script in another file.And enqueue your file like this
suppose your script name is `image-ticker.js`.

wp_enqueue_script( 'image-ticker-1', plugins_url('/js/image-ticker.js', __FILE__), array('jquery', 'image-ticker'), '1.0.0', true );

in the place of `/js/image-ticker.js` you should put your js file path.

There are many tutorials and answers here how to add your script to be included in the page. But what I couldn't find is how to structure that code so it will work properly. This is due the $ being not used in this form of JQuery.

So here is my code and you can use that as a template.

jQuery(document).ready(function( $ ){
$("#btnCalculate").click(function () {
var val1 = $(".visits").val();
var val2 = $(".collection").val();
var val3 = $(".percent").val();
var val4 = $(".expired").val();
var val5 = $(".payer").val();
var val6 = $(".deductible").val();
var result = val1 * (val3 / 100) * 10 * 0.25;
var result2 = val1 * val2 * (val4 / 100) * 0.2;
var result3 = val1 * val2 * (val5 / 100) * 0.2;
var result4 = val1 * val2 * (val6 / 100) * 0.1;
var val7 = $(".pverify").val();
var result5 = result + result2 + result3 + result4 - val7;
var result6 = result5 * 12;
$("#result").val("$" + result);
$("#result2").val("$" + result2);
$("#result3").val("$" + result3);
$("#result4").val("$" + result4);
$("#result5").val("$" + result5);
$("#result6").val("$" + result6);
});
});

You can add jQuery or javascript in theme's function.php file.
The code is as below :

add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'add_my_script' );

function add_my_script() {
wp_enqueue_script(
'your_script_name', // your script unique name
get_template_directory_uri().'/js/your-script.js', //script file location
array('jquery') //lists the scripts upon which your script depends
);
}

For more detail visit this tutorial :

[To see links please register here]

Answer from here:

>Despite the fact WordPress has been around for a while, and the method of adding scripts to themes and plugins has been the same for years, there is still some confusion around how exactly you’re supposed to add scripts. So let’s clear it up.
>
>Since jQuery is still the most commonly used Javascript framework, let’s take a look at how you can add a simple script to your theme or plugin.
>
>jQuery’s Compatibility Mode
>
>Before we start attaching scripts to WordPress, let’s look at jQuery’s compatibility mode. WordPress comes pre-packaged with a copy of jQuery, which you should use with your code. When WordPress’ jQuery is loaded, it uses compatibility mode, which is a mechanism for avoiding conflicts with other language libraries.
>
>What this boils down to is that you can’t use the dollar sign directly as you would in other projects. When writing jQuery for WordPress you need to use jQuery instead. Take a look at the code below to see what I mean:

In WordPress, the correct way to include the scripts in your website is by using the following functions.

wp_register_script( $handle, $src )
wp_enqueue_script( $handle, $src )

These functions are called inside the hook `wp_enqueue_script`.

For more details and examples, you can check [Adding JS files in Wordpress using wp_register_script & wp_enqueue_script][1]

Example:

function webolute_theme_scripts() {
wp_register_script( 'script-name', get_template_directory_uri() . '/js/example.js', array('jquery'), '1.0.0', true );
wp_enqueue_script( 'script-name' );
}
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'webolute_theme_scripts' );

[1]:

The solutions I've seen are from the perspective of adding javascript features to a theme. However, the OP asked, specifically, "How exactly do I add it for a *single* WordPress page?" This sounds like it might be how I use javascript in my Wordpress blog, where individual posts may have different javascript-powered "widgets". For instance, a post might let the user change variables (sliders, checkboxes, text input fields), and plots or lists the results.

Starting from the JavaScript perspective:

1. Write your JavaScript functions in a separate “.js” file

Don’t even think about including significant JavaScript in your post’s html—create a JavaScript file, or files, with your code.

2. Interface your JavaScript with your post's html

If your JavaScript widget interacts with html controls and fields, you’ll need to understand how to query and set those elements from JavaScript, and also how to let UI elements call your JavaScript functions. Here are a couple of examples; first, from JavaScript:

var val = document.getElementById(“AM_Freq_A_3”).value;

And from html:

<input type="range" id="AM_Freq_A_3" class="freqSlider" min="0" max="1000" value="0" oninput='sliderChanged_AM_widget(this);'/>

3. Use jQuery to call your JavaScript widget’s initialization function

Add this to your .js file, using the name of your function that configures and draws your JavaScript widget when the page is ready for it:

jQuery(document).ready(function( $ ) {
your_init_function();
});

4. In your post’s html code, load the scripts needed for your post

In the Wordpress code editor, I typically specify the scripts at the end of the post. For instance, I have a scripts folder in my main directory. Inside I have a utilities directory with common JavaScript that some of my posts may share—in this case some of my own math utility function and the flotr2 plotting library. I find it more convenient to group the post-specific JavaScript in another directory, with subdirectories based on date instead of using the media manager, for instance.

<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/utils/flotr2.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/utils/math.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/widgets/20161207/FreqRes.js"></script>

5. Enqueue jQuery

Wordpress registers jQuery, but it isn’t available unless you tell Wordpress you need it, by enqueuing it. If you don’t, the jQuery command will fail. Many sources tell you how to add this command to your functions.php, but assume you know some other important details.

First, it’s a bad idea to edit a theme—any future update of the theme will wipe out your changes. Make a child theme. Here’s how:

The child’s functions.php file does not override the parent theme’s file of the same name, it adds to it. The child-themes tutorial suggest how to enqueue the parent and child style.css file. We can simply add another line to that function to also enqueue jQuery. Here's my entire functions.php file for the child theme:

<?php
add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'earlevel_scripts_enqueue' );
function earlevel_scripts_enqueue() {
// styles
$parent_style = 'parent-style';
wp_enqueue_style( $parent_style, get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style',
get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css',
array( $parent_style ),
wp_get_theme()->get('Version')
);

// posts with js widgets need jquery
wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
}

```javascript
function xyz_scripts() {
wp_enqueue_script('jquery');
}
add_action('wp_enqueue_scripts', 'xyz_scripts');
```

"We have Google" cit.
For properly use script inside wordpress just add hosted libraries. Like [Google][1]

[1]:

After selected library that you need link it before your custom script: exmpl

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.12.0/jquery.min.js"></script>
and after your own script

```html
<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function () {
$('.text_container').addClass("hidden");
});
</script>
```

The simplest way to add a script inside your functions.php file (on your theme / child theme) without using wp_enqueue_script is this one:

// CREATE WORDPRESS ACTION ON FOOTER
add_action('wp_footer', 'customJsScript');

function customJsScript() {
echo '
<script>
// YOUR JS SCRIPT
jQuery(function(){
console.log("test");
});
</script>
';
}

As you see, you use the wp_footer action to inject the code.

This may not be a good practice if you use it heavily or if you have to 'speak' with other plugins, etc. But is the fastest way!

You can also put directly the Javascript code inside header.php or footer.php if is a code that will be inserted all-over WordPress

I was having some serious issues with all the other answers here, so here's my addition for those who are wanting a more up to date solution.

I know this is not exactly what the OP asked because it uses shortcodes, but this is the only way I could make it work and it has the added benefit of only having the function when the page contains the shortcode.
This doesn't use `wp_enqueue_script()` nor `add_action()` functions.

I use the [Code Snippets][1] plugin which means that there's no need to fiddle around with functions.php and create new .js files.

In a shortcode, echo the jQuery function as so:

```
echo '<script type="text/javascript">
jQuery(document).ready(function($) {

//your jQuery code goes here.

});

</script>';
```

[1]: