Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 441 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
How to calculate percentage with a SQL statement

1. The most efficient (using over()).

select Grade, count(*) * 100.0 / sum(count(*)) over()
from MyTable
group by Grade

2. Universal (any SQL version).

select Grade, count(*) * 100.0 / (select count(*) from MyTable)
from MyTable
group by Grade;

3. With CTE, the least efficient.

with t(Grade, GradeCount)
as
(
select Grade, count(*)
from MyTable
group by Grade
)
select Grade, GradeCount * 100.0/(select sum(GradeCount) from t)
from t;

I had a similar issue to this. you should be able to get the correct result multiplying by 1.0 instead of 100.See example Image attached

Select Grade, (Count(Grade)* 1.0 / (Select Count(*) From MyTable)) as Score From MyTable Group By Grade
![See reference image attached][1]

[1]:

This one is working well in MS SQL. It transforms varchar to the result of two-decimal-places-limited float.

Select field1, cast(Try_convert(float,(Count(field2)* 100) /
Try_convert(float, (Select Count(*) From table1))) as decimal(10,2)) as new_field_name
From table1
Group By field1, field2;

I simply use this when ever I need to work out a percentage..

ROUND(CAST((Numerator * 100.0 / Denominator) AS FLOAT), 2) AS Percentage

Note that 100.0 returns 1 decimal, whereas 100 on it's own will round up the result to the nearest whole number, even with the ROUND(...,2) function!