Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 325 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
How to disable automatic updates in Windows 10

Quote:(04-25-2018, 03:19 PM)davidmichaels Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

You can turn the updates off manually by going in the control panel tab then in updates and securities and turning the automatic tab off

Unlike previous versions, there Is no option for Windows 10 to turn off updates via Control Panel.

Quote:(04-25-2018, 09:44 PM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (04-25-2018, 03:19 PM)davidmichaels Wrote:

You can turn the updates off manually by going in the control panel tab then in updates and securities and turning the automatic tab off

Unlike previous versions, there Is no option for Windows 10 to turn off updates via Control Panel.

Which is unfortunate. It's even a PITA to disable them by way of regedit and filesystem trickery. Windows has really shifted over to the non-tech people market. The installer has like all of the speech assistants turned on and you have to turn them all off or it will scare the shit out of you when you're just waiting for it to complete.

Quote:(04-26-2018, 12:21 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Quote: (04-25-2018, 09:44 PM)mothered Wrote:

Which is unfortunate. It's even a PITA to disable them by way of regedit and filesystem trickery. Windows has really shifted over to the non-tech people market. The installer has like all of the speech assistants turned on and you have to turn them all off or it will scare the shit out of you when you're just waiting for it to complete.

Really hate to agree. The forced updates and lack of privacy out of the box is definitely a dealbreaker for many. Having to untick a dozen options related to speech/location when installing is a small nuisance, but still one nonetheless.

Quote:(04-26-2018, 12:21 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Which is unfortunate. It's even a PITA to disable them by way of regedit and filesystem trickery. Windows has really shifted over to the non-tech people market.

It certainly Is most unfortunate that end-users need to resort to measures such as the Registry, just to disable an option (Windows Update) that should not have been removed to begin with.

I disable the Windows Update service, which Is done with a few clicks of the mouse.

Been using this software since the last upgrade and works flawlessly

Quote:(05-31-2018, 06:26 PM)gilmobiletech Wrote:

Been using this software since the last upgrade and works flawlessly

Interesting tool that seems quite promising.

I'll test It on my VM later today and post the result, Inclusive of It's overall functionality.

Thanks for the methods, eventhough I think updates are necessary...

If I remember, I did have a tool that stopped the windows updates and all the garbage but, I seem to have lost the tool somewhere in my TAFE folder.

Quote:(06-24-2018, 09:46 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:

If I remember, I did have a tool that stopped the windows updates and all the garbage but, I seem to have lost the tool somewhere in my TAFE folder.

Was It

by any chance?

Quote:(04-26-2018, 08:53 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (04-26-2018, 12:21 AM)phyrrus9 Wrote:

Which is unfortunate. It's even a PITA to disable them by way of regedit and filesystem trickery. Windows has really shifted over to the non-tech people market.

It certainly Is most unfortunate that end-users need to resort to measures such as the Registry, just to disable an option (Windows Update) that should not have been removed to begin with.

I disable the Windows Update service, which Is done with a few clicks of the mouse.

I also remember the time that on older versions of iOS, you could choose to decline the software update. However, in newer versions of iOS, you can only select to either perform the update right away, or to postpone it for later. These technology corporations are becoming dramatically more pushy, irritating, and arrogant.