Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 200 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
How to get your hands on C Programming.

GCC is the best.

Only for us Linux people though :biggrin:

Your Lua ones are strange...

usually it is just

Hidden Content
You must

[To see links please register here]

or

to view this content.

rather than

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

#Coded32
who pays for stuff anymore any way lol

Quote:It's developer is Microsoft and you have to pay for it.
agree!!!

It's not true at all that you have to pay for VC++, you can get the Express version for free and it's completely usable for a variety of stuff, I wrote my own compiler for my own language and also processor architecture emulator with VC++ Express. It's awesome tool, it's free and it makes development MUCH easier, I have yet to see a tool that would top its debugging capabilities.

Please don't feed people misinformation, Express is fully functional and usable for almost anything you can think of, paid versions offer more professionalism and comfort especially when working in teams and such, but you don't really need them to develop.

For me, Visual Studio is best IDE there is and I have tried and also use (not as primary though) many others and I have developed a lot of things in it: Compilers for my programming languages, emulators of my experimental processors, MusicString compiler and synthesis library + GUI, a game engine, games, a few commercial projects (for a client) and more.

It's a great tool and if you're going to bash it, then provide reasons why is it bad. Hating just because it's Microsoft and because it's so cool to bash anything Microsoft made is childish.

i didn't say that it's bad... it's a great IDE... but i hate the "pay" part... haha... and VS 2008 pro is my IDE... i bought it (the piracy edition)

Maybe you didn't say that, but others did.

Also, I repeat myself, there's no pay part, Visual Studio Express is free and suitable for most things you would do. You don't need to pay for it to develop with it, I myself created a compiler for my own language and emulator for my own processor with the Express version, there was no practical need to get a paid version. I wonder what you could possibly work on, that you need Professional version.

I don't like Visual Studio Express because it lacks Linux/Mac support... but it's M$... so, why would I expect to use one of their products without using their operating system.

If you do use Windows, it is probably one of the best IDEs you can use.

Myself... I really like GCC with GDB.

I usually code in VIM and compile with GCC or just use Geany || Code::Blocks if I am feeling lazy to code in VIM.