Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 796 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
How to repair a serialized string which has been corrupted by an incorrect byte count length?

I am using Hotaru CMS with the Image Upload plugin, I get this error if I try to attach an image to a post, otherwise there is no error:

> unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset

The offending code (error points to line with **):

/**
* Retrieve submission step data
* @param $key - empty when setting
* @return bool
*/
public function loadSubmitData($h, $key = '')
{
// delete everything in this table older than 30 minutes:
$this->deleteTempData($h->db);

if (!$key) { return false; }

$cleanKey = preg_replace('/[^a-z0-9]+/','',$key);
if (strcmp($key,$cleanKey) != 0) {
return false;
} else {
$sql = "SELECT tempdata_value FROM " . TABLE_TEMPDATA . " WHERE tempdata_key = %s ORDER BY tempdata_updatedts DESC LIMIT 1";
$submitted_data = $h->db->get_var($h->db->prepare($sql, $key));
**if ($submitted_data) { return unserialize($submitted_data); } else { return false; }**
}
}

Data from the table, notice the end bit has the image info, I am not an expert in PHP so I was wondering what you guys/gals might think?

tempdata_value:

a:10:{s:16:"submit_editorial";b:0;s:15:"submit_orig_url";s:13:"www.bbc.co.uk";s:12:"submit_title";s:14:"No title found";s:14:"submit_content";s:12:"dnfsdkfjdfdf";s:15:"submit_category";i:2;s:11:"submit_tags";s:3:"bbc";s:9:"submit_id";b:0;s:16:"submit_subscribe";i:0;s:15:"submit_comments";s:4:"open";s:5:"image";s:19:"C:fakepath100.jpg";}

Edit: I think I've found the serialize bit...

/**
* Save submission step data
* @return bool
*/
public function saveSubmitData($h)
{
// delete everything in this table older than 30 minutes:
$this->deleteTempData($h->db);

$sid = preg_replace('/[^a-z0-9]+/i', '', session_id());
$key = md5(microtime() . $sid . rand());
$sql = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_TEMPDATA . " (tempdata_key, tempdata_value, tempdata_updateby) VALUES (%s,%s, %d)";
$h->db->query($h->db->prepare($sql, $key, serialize($h->vars['submitted_data']), $h->currentUser->id));
return $key;
}

`unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset` was dues to `invalid serialization data` due to invalid length

**Quick Fix**

What you can do is is `recalculating the length` of the elements in serialized array

**You current serialized data**

$data = 'a:10:{s:16:"submit_editorial";b:0;s:15:"submit_orig_url";s:13:"www.bbc.co.uk";s:12:"submit_title";s:14:"No title found";s:14:"submit_content";s:12:"dnfsdkfjdfdf";s:15:"submit_category";i:2;s:11:"submit_tags";s:3:"bbc";s:9:"submit_id";b:0;s:16:"submit_subscribe";i:0;s:15:"submit_comments";s:4:"open";s:5:"image";s:19:"C:fakepath100.jpg";}';

**Example without recalculation**

var_dump(unserialize($data));

Output

Notice: unserialize() [function.unserialize]: Error at offset 337 of 338 bytes

**Recalculating**

$data = preg_replace('!s:(\d+):"(.*?)";!e', "'s:'.strlen('$2').':\"$2\";'", $data);
var_dump(unserialize($data));

Output

array
'submit_editorial' => boolean false
'submit_orig_url' => string 'www.bbc.co.uk' (length=13)
'submit_title' => string 'No title found' (length=14)
'submit_content' => string 'dnfsdkfjdfdf' (length=12)
'submit_category' => int 2
'submit_tags' => string 'bbc' (length=3)
'submit_id' => boolean false
'submit_subscribe' => int 0
'submit_comments' => string 'open' (length=4)
'image' => string 'C:fakepath100.jpg' (length=17)

**Recommendation** .. I

Instead of using this kind of quick fix ... i"ll advice you update the question with

- How you are serializing your data

- How you are Saving it ..

**================================ EDIT 1 ===============================**

**The Error**

The Error was generated because of use of double quote `"` instead single quote `'` that is why `C:\fakepath\100.png` was converted to `C:fakepath100.jpg`

**To fix the error**

You need to change `$h->vars['submitted_data']` From (Note the singe quite `'` )

Replace

$h->vars['submitted_data']['image'] = "C:\fakepath\100.png" ;

With

$h->vars['submitted_data']['image'] = 'C:\fakepath\100.png' ;

**Additional Filter**

You can also add this simple filter before you call serialize

function satitize(&$value, $key)
{
$value = addslashes($value);
}

array_walk($h->vars['submitted_data'], "satitize");

If you have UTF Characters you can also run

$h->vars['submitted_data'] = array_map("utf8_encode",$h->vars['submitted_data']);

**How to detect the problem in future serialized data**

findSerializeError ( $data1 ) ;

Output

Diffrence 9 != 7
-> ORD number 57 != 55
-> Line Number = 315
-> Section Data1 = pen";s:5:"image";s:19:"C:fakepath100.jpg
-> Section Data2 = pen";s:5:"image";s:17:"C:fakepath100.jpg
^------- The Error (Element Length)

`findSerializeError` Function

function findSerializeError($data1) {
echo "<pre>";
$data2 = preg_replace ( '!s:(\d+):"(.*?)";!e', "'s:'.strlen('$2').':\"$2\";'",$data1 );
$max = (strlen ( $data1 ) > strlen ( $data2 )) ? strlen ( $data1 ) : strlen ( $data2 );

echo $data1 . PHP_EOL;
echo $data2 . PHP_EOL;

for($i = 0; $i < $max; $i ++) {

if (@$data1 {$i} !== @$data2 {$i}) {

echo "Diffrence ", @$data1 {$i}, " != ", @$data2 {$i}, PHP_EOL;
echo "\t-> ORD number ", ord ( @$data1 {$i} ), " != ", ord ( @$data2 {$i} ), PHP_EOL;
echo "\t-> Line Number = $i" . PHP_EOL;

$start = ($i - 20);
$start = ($start < 0) ? 0 : $start;
$length = 40;

$point = $max - $i;
if ($point < 20) {
$rlength = 1;
$rpoint = - $point;
} else {
$rpoint = $length - 20;
$rlength = 1;
}

echo "\t-> Section Data1 = ", substr_replace ( substr ( $data1, $start, $length ), "<b style=\"color:green\">{$data1 {$i}}</b>", $rpoint, $rlength ), PHP_EOL;
echo "\t-> Section Data2 = ", substr_replace ( substr ( $data2, $start, $length ), "<b style=\"color:red\">{$data2 {$i}}</b>", $rpoint, $rlength ), PHP_EOL;
}

}

}

**A better way to save to Database**

$toDatabse = base64_encode(serialize($data)); // Save to database
$fromDatabase = unserialize(base64_decode($data)); //Getting Save Format

This error is caused because your charset is wrong.

Set charset after open tag:

header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8');

And set charset utf8 in your database :

mysql_query("SET NAMES 'utf8'");

There's another reason `unserialize()` failed because you improperly put serialized data into the database see [Official Explanation][1] here. Since `serialize()` returns binary data and php variables don't care encoding methods, so that putting it into TEXT, VARCHAR() will cause this error.

Solution: store serialized data into BLOB in your table.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

I don't have enough reputation to comment, so I hope this is seen by people using the above "correct" answer:

Since php 5.5 the /e modifier in preg_replace() has been deprecated completely and the preg_match above will error out. The php documentation recommends using preg_match_callback in its place.

Please find the following solution as an alternative to the above proposed preg_match.

$fixed_data = preg_replace_callback ( '!s:(\d+):"(.*?)";!', function($match) {
return ($match[1] == strlen($match[2])) ? $match[0] : 's:' . strlen($match[2]) . ':"' . $match[2] . '";';
},$bad_data );

You will have to alter the collation type to `utf8_unicode_ci` and the problem will be fixed.

the [official docs][1] says it should return false and set E_NOTICE

but since you got error then the error reporting is set to be triggered by E_NOTICE

here is a fix to allow you detect false returned by ```unserialize```

$old_err=error_reporting();
error_reporting($old_err & ~E_NOTICE);
$object = unserialize($serialized_data);
error_reporting($old_err);

you might want to consider use base64 encode/decode

$string=base64_encode(serialize($obj));
unserialize(base64_decode($string));

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

In my case I was storing serialized data in `BLOB` field of MySQL DB which apparently wasn't big enough to contain the whole value and truncated it. Such a string obviously could not be unserialized.
Once converted that field to `MEDIUMBLOB` the problem dissipated.
Also it may be needed to switch in table options `ROW_FORMAT` to `DYNAMIC` or `COMPRESSED`.

Another reason of this problem can be column type of "payload" sessions table. If you have huge data on session, a text column wouldn't be enough. You will need MEDIUMTEXT or even LONGTEXT.

You can fix broken serialize string using following function, with **multibyte character** handling.

function repairSerializeString($value)
{

$regex = '/s:([0-9]+):"(.*?)"/';

return preg_replace_callback(
$regex, function($match) {
return "s:".mb_strlen($match[2]).":\"".$match[2]."\"";
},
$value
);
}