Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 648 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
How viable is Android for hacking / penetration testing?

The day I got my phone, I rooted it and slapped on a shiny new CyanogenMod. Since then I've been slowly collecting my arsenal, folders and folders of utilities. Most are just useful IT apps, like ping, SSH, and http server. I try to make my phone as useful as a real computer, because I often don't have access to one. I've also tried a few pentesting apps, like zANTI. I have a C/C++ compiler and a Python interpreter.

Is an Android phone just as capable as a computer?

Quote:(01-02-2017, 04:38 PM)Dr. Keter Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

The day I got my phone, I rooted it and slapped on a shiny new CyanogenMod. Since then I've been slowly collecting my arsenal, folders and folders of utilities. Most are just useful IT apps, like ping, SSH, and http server. I try to make my phone as useful as a real computer, because I often don't have access to one. I've also tried a few pentesting apps, like zANTI. I have a C/C++ compiler and a Python interpreter.

Is an Android phone just as capable as a computer?

I haven't tried. I would go with a battery powered raspberry pi and ssh into it via a cell phone.

Quote:Skullmeat Wrote:

I haven't tried. I would go with a battery powered raspberry pi and ssh into it via a cell phone.
This is exactly what I've been thinking of doing.

I have Kali on my phone...

You can have a chroot of some linux system in your phone witch would be like running a separate OS on top of Android.
I have a Gentoo chroot on my phone so I can download anything from gentoo's repositories and it just runs. I have nmap, python, netcat and shit load of other tools that can make you look cool :biggrin:
If you plan on doing this I recommend doing it with Debian, because Gentoo is a pain to setup and keep running...

I mean, I would think an android phone would really only be at it's peak usability in certain usecases. Most of the time it's probably better to use a laptop or something. But i'm sure if you need to get access quickly in a building without being noticed, for instance, the android phone would be the most viable solution (it's much less conspicious then pulling out a laptop).

There are distributions like Kali and stuff for android so they're used for something!

Great question!

Someone already kind of began to mention this but it is possible to root and install linux distros onto the device whether it be a tablet or a phone. I know that Kali LInux is perfectly capable with most of the mentioned devices and I'm actually currently trying to root a semi cheap tablet I got for Christmas as I really have no other use for it. The only limitation I can think of albeit obvious would be whatever processor you have.

Good luck!

Quote:(01-03-2017, 05:29 AM)DarkMuse Wrote:

Great question!

Someone already kind of began to mention this but it is possible to root and install linux distros onto the device whether it be a tablet or a phone. I know that Kali LInux is perfectly capable with most of the mentioned devices and I'm actually currently trying to root a semi cheap tablet I got for Christmas as I really have no other use for it. The only limitation I can think of albeit obvious would be whatever processor you have.

Good luck!

No one's mentioned any devices...

Kali Linux was built strictly for the Nexus and OnePlus line of phones... :stressed: :stressed:

You can run many Linux distros on android devices [via chroot].

There is also many apps (such as zAnti that you mentioned) made for penetration testing.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(01-03-2017, 07:17 PM)pvnk Wrote:

Kali Linux was built strictly for the Nexus and OnePlus line of phones... :stressed: :stressed: :stressed:
Lucky me that my baby is the ever-so-fabulous OnePlus One.
Quote:(01-03-2017, 11:29 PM)Ender Wrote:

I recommend cSploit over zAnti
I actually switched to that after I had troubles signing in on zAnti. Last time it happened I contacted customer support, but I didn't wanna go through that again. cSploit looks great but idk what the metasploit thing is for or how to use it on there.