Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 246 Vote(s) - 3.69 Average
I'm locked out of WordPress after using the WPS Hide Login plugin

I have a WordPress site which I've built. I've installed and used the WPS Hide Login plugin to help with security (if that helps at all).

I've left the values of the login URL the default values which I believe are `/login`

When I go to `/login`, the login screen comes up, I enter my credentials which are correct, and after a few seconds I get redirected to the home page of the website rather than being redirected to my dashboard. I then go back to `/login` and it asks me to login again.

Nothing comes up to show me that I've successfully logged in. I've tried disabling the plugin via FTP too but that doesn't make much difference. I'm completely locked out!

Can someone please help me?

Thanks!

You can disable the plugin by renaming the plugins directory:

wp-content/plugins/plugin-name

to

wp-content/plugins/_plugin-name

And then login by appending /wp-admin/ to your URL.

If you choose a strong password (20 or more characters), then it is not neccessary to hide the login.

[To see links please register here]

Regards Tom

The most easy option to see or change the admin dashboard URL with the *WPS Hide Login* plugin without access to the admin dashboard is from the database.

- Use tool such as phpMyAdmin and browse through your application database in the "*_option*" table then navigate to the "*whl_page*" row when you will be able to see the currently set admin login URL.

- You can deactivate the plugin from FTP as or file manager (if the hoster provider such).
- Another option is to use WP CLI tool with the next command from the root directory of your WordPress instance:

wp plugin deactivate wps-hide-login

**NOTE:** In order to use the WP CLI tool, please note that the same should be installed on the server. If you write the command and the terminal respond is:

-bash: wp: command not found

Or something similar ending with "*command not found*" this means that the tool in question is not installed. In this case you will be unable to use the WP CLI tool or you can ask your hosting provider to install this tool for you.

While searching for similar topics I found quite many people reporting such issue from the plugin in question. This is why, I would recommend you to consider using another plugin with such functionality or contact the plugin developers, so they could provide more information on why this problem occur at first place.