Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 410 Vote(s) - 3.55 Average
IIS 500.19 with 0x80070005 The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid error

I want to upload my own asp.net website on IIS with IIS Manager. But when I do this, I get the following error

> HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error The requested page cannot be
> accessed because the related configuration data for the page is
> invalid

<!-- -->

> **Module** IIS Web Core
> **Notification** Unknown
> **Handler** Not yet determined
> **Error Code** `0x80070005`
> **Config Error** Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
> **Config File** `\\?\C:\Users\Yasso\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\WebSite5\web.config`

I searched many times for a solution for this error, but none of the solutions solved the error.

I have a problem with my `IUSR` account. I can't see this account in the "group or user names" in the properties of the `web.config`.

What is the problem?

Pretty straight forward, IIS doesn't have access to your web.config. I'd start by taking the site out of your documents folder. Verify it has r/w permissions then as well.

You need to assign permissions for IIS_IUSRS on the local machine (but you don't have to assign for IUSR, in fact it will work even if you explicitly deny permissions).

To assign permissions, just right click on the folder and on the security tab make sure to grant the correct permissions, and if the user is not listed then click "ADD", and enter IIS_IUSRS (and make sure that under "domain" the local computer is selected, or enter in the name field *YourLocalComputerName*\IIS_IUSRS), and then you are good to go.

If you want you can instead of assigning permissions to the IIS_IUSRS group, you can instead assign to the app pool which should in general be "IIS APPPOOL\ *app pool name*".

This also happened to me when I had a default document of the same name (like index.aspx) specified in both my web.config file AND my IIS website. I ended up removing the entry from the IIS website and kept the web.config entry like below:

<system.webServer>
<defaultDocument>
<files>
<add value="index.aspx" />
</files>
</defaultDocument>...

One other possibility that fixed this problem for me:

IIS -> Edit Permissions -> Security Tab -> Give "Users" appropriate permissions (or IIS_IUSRS, depending on your setup)

The message is saying that your configuration file is corrupt in some way. However it also says that it can't actually access the config file. So I'd ignore the original message about corruption/lack of validity as this is most likely just the effect of not being able to read the file due to a lack of authorization.

The reason it cannot read the config file is because the process running your web app does not have permission to access the file/directory. So you need to give the process running your web app those permissions.

The access rights should be fairly straightforward, i.e. at least *Read*, and, depending on your app, maybe *Write*.

Above, you mention *IUSR* etc. not being in the properties for `web.config`. If by that you mean that *IUSR* is not listed in the security tab of the file then it's a good thing. One doesn't want to give *IUSR* any kind of permission to *web.config*. The role *IUSR* is an anonymous internet user.

The file *web.config* should **only** be accessible through your application.

The problem is you haven't said which OS and IIS version you are using so it's difficult to advise which steps to take.

I.e. in IIS 7.5, the error message you're quoting is likely to occur due to your *ApplicationPoolIdentity* not being assigned the permissions. Your web application belongs to an application pool and so you need to give the permissions to the OS account that your web application's application pool runs under. Often this is something like *NetworkService* but you may have customized it to run under a purpose made account. Without more info it's difficult to help you.

Sometimes this message has can be missing components in your IIS environment e.g. a particular framework, or an IIS feature like dynamic compression, rather than permissions to web.config.

If this is the case, a solution can be to install and use the Microsoft Platform Installer and install those missing components - you might have to take a stab at what exactly is missing because the error log and message don't tell you.

This can also happen if the site is configured to use the [IIS URL Rewrite module][1] but it is not installed.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

I too had the similar issue and i fixed it by commenting some sections in web.config file.

The project was earlier built and deployed in .Net 2.0. After migrating to .Net 3.5, it started throwing the exception.

*Resolutions:*
--------------

If your configuration file contains "<*sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions*>", comment it and run as this section is already available under Machine.config.

You need to set permission for your Website folder or copy they to wwwroot folder :)
- If set permission, have 2 way:
+ Right click to Your Website folder
+ Or right click to Your Website in IIS
=> select Edit permission and Add a permission (IUSR - default iis user)
Good luck ;-)