Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 312 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
INNER JOIN ON vs WHERE clause

If you are often programming dynamic stored procedures, you will fall in love with your second example (using where). If you have various input parameters and lots of morph mess, then that is the only way. Otherwise, they both will run the same query plan so there is definitely no obvious difference in classic queries.

ANSI join syntax is definitely more portable.

I'm going through an upgrade of Microsoft SQL Server, and I would also mention that the =* and *= syntax for outer joins in SQL Server is not supported (without compatibility mode) for 2005 SQL server and later.

I have two points for the implicit join (The second example):

1. Tell the database what you want, not what it should do.
2. You can write all tables in a clear list that is not cluttered by join conditions. Then you can much easier read what tables are all mentioned. The conditions come all in the WHERE part, where they are also all lined up one below the other. Using the JOIN keyword mixes up tables and conditions.