Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 478 Vote(s) - 3.58 Average
Insert into a MySQL table or update if exists

I want to add a row to a database table, but if a row exists with the same unique key I want to update the row.

For example:

```sql
INSERT INTO table_name (ID, NAME, AGE) VALUES(1, "A", 19);
```

Let’s say the unique key is `ID`, and in my **Database**, there is a row with `ID = 1`. In that case, I want to update that row with these values. Normally this gives an error.
If I use `INSERT IGNORE` it will ignore the error, but it still won’t update.

Try this out:

INSERT INTO table (id, name, age) VALUES (1, 'A', 19) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE id = id + 1;

Hope this helps.

Try this:

`INSERT INTO table (id,name,age) VALUES('1','Mohammad','21') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE name='Mohammad',age='21'`

Note:
Here if id is the primary key then after first insertion with `id='1'` every time attempt to insert `id='1'` will update name and age and previous name age will change.

When using SQLite:

REPLACE into table (id, name, age) values(1, "A", 19)

Provided that `id` is the primary key. Or else it just inserts another row. See *[INSERT][1]* (SQLite).

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

When using batch insert use the following syntax:

INSERT INTO TABLE (id, name, age) VALUES (1, "A", 19), (2, "B", 17), (3, "C", 22)
ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE
name = VALUES (name),

Use [`INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE`][1]

**QUERY:**

INSERT INTO table (id, name, age) VALUES(1, "A", 19) ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE
name="A", age=19

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

Just because I was here looking for this solution but for updating from another identically-structured table (in my case website test DB to live DB):

INSERT live-db.table1
SELECT *
FROM test-db.table1 t
ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE
ColToUpdate1 = t.ColToUpdate1,
ColToUpdate2 = t.ColToUpdate2,

As mentioned elsewhere, only the columns you want to update need to be included after `ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE`.

No need to list the columns in the `INSERT` or `SELECT`, though I agree it's probably better practice.

In my case i created below queries but in the first query if `id` 1 is already exists and age is already there, after that if you create first query without `age` than the value of `age` will be none

REPLACE into table SET `id` = 1, `name` = 'A', `age` = 19

for avoiding above issue create query like below

INSERT INTO table SET `id` = '1', `name` = 'A', `age` = 19 ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `id` = "1", `name` = "A",`age` = 19

may it will help you ...

In case, you want to keep old field (For ex: name). The query will be:

name=name, age=19;

In case that you wanted to make a `non-primary` fields as criteria/condition for `ON DUPLICATE`, you can make a `UNIQUE INDEX` key on that table to trigger the `DUPLICATE`.

ALTER TABLE `table` ADD UNIQUE `unique_index`(`name`);

And in case you want to combine two fields to make it unique on the table, you can achieve this by adding more on the last parameter.

ALTER TABLE `table` ADD UNIQUE `unique_index`(`name`, `age`);

Note, just make sure to delete first all the data that has the same `name` and `age` value across the other rows.

DELETE table FROM table AS a, table AS b WHERE a.id < b.id
AND a.name <=> b.name AND a.age <=> b.age;

After that, it should trigger the `ON DUPLICATE` event.

name = VALUES(name), age = VALUES(age)