Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 350 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
Just picked up Gamemaker Studio.

Got it from the humblebundle thought it was worth picking up, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with it and how good it is for making games?

Also wasn't sure to put this in coding or not so I just put in PC gaming because well, it fits.

I have been developing some games, but I haven't finished them yet. It takes some time and the program is pretty easy to work with. You're best bet in making a nice Gamemaker game is to create a Platformer, 2D or RPG game. You can create like shooters in it and so but I wouldn't recommend it since the graphics engine isn't that good. It won't be able to render very large games.

Hotline Miami is a pretty known Gamemaker game, but if you ask me and you want to make some money, I would rather recommend creating a game for Android or something. IOS is pretty expensive if you want your game in the Store.

Is the bundle still up? I'd be interested in getting it.

Quote:(09-12-2016, 10:01 AM)Aeolian Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Yes, I am pretty sure it's still up it was this weekend anyways so.

Quote:(09-12-2016, 10:12 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote:

I have been developing some games, but I haven't finished them yet. It takes some time and the program is pretty easy to work with. You're best bet in making a nice Gamemaker game is to create a Platformer, 2D or RPG game. You can create like shooters in it and so but I wouldn't recommend it since the graphics engine isn't that good. It won't be able to render very large games.

Hotline Miami is a pretty known Gamemaker game, but if you ask me and you want to make some money, I would rather recommend creating a game for Android or something. IOS is pretty expensive if you want your game in the Store.

I'm thinking maybe an RPG game with a really nice story. Those can always do well. Pretty short game tho, maybe like 2-3 hours of game time, and sell it for like 5 bucks. I think it'd do great. But It'd take some time on the project. I just hate the gui for gamemaker seems like it's still stuck in 2008 or summin.

Quote:(09-12-2016, 04:42 PM)Blue Wrote:

Quote: (09-12-2016, 10:01 AM)Aeolian Wrote:

Yes, I am pretty sure it's still up it was this weekend anyways so.

Quote:(09-12-2016, 10:12 AM)Bish0pQ Wrote:

I'm thinking maybe an RPG game with a really nice story. Those can always do well. Pretty short game tho, maybe like 2-3 hours of game time, and sell it for like 5 bucks. I think it'd do great. But It'd take some time on the project. I just hate the gui for gamemaker seems like it's still stuck in 2008 or summin.

I agree. You can buy a good pack of rpg sprites and you can also get them for free.

If you want and I can still find them I can send you some resources, they are way better than the sample data you get.

Quote:(09-12-2016, 01:27 AM)Blue Wrote:

Got it from the humblebundle thought it was worth picking up, and I'm wondering if anyone else has experience with it and how good it is for making games?

Also wasn't sure to put this in coding or not so I just put in PC gaming because well, it fits.

It's so easy i have been developing game with it.
I complete one of games, i send it to you ,if u want.
Developing game with Game Maker is so easy.
Just u need sprites, abit of coding.
Note: it just to make 2D games.

If you want, I have some basic code, like for making the player not fall through the floor and make him jump. If you want the code, just say it and I'll upload it here somewhere.

You can get a lot of sprites and such from

. They have just great sprites for 2D/RPG games.

Quote:(09-12-2016, 11:17 PM)Bish0pQ Wrote:

If you want, I have some basic code, like for making the player not fall through the floor and make him jump. If you want the code, just say it and I'll upload it here somewhere.

You can get a lot of sprites and such from

. They have just great sprites for 2D/RPG games.

Wow thanks a ton, like for real and yeah I'd like that. Thanks for the offer. I'm gonna be looking up some tutorials soon to get some base grounds.

Thanks for this. I bought this last night out of chance because I seen this post.