Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 724 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
Linux Vs Windows

I am aware of the vast types of Linux. But to what it comes down to, which ones does this community prefer?

Stating the obvious, It depends on one's overall usability.

My tools, software and the like are suited to the Windows platform, so my choice Is obvious. That said, I do use Linux for tasks such as pen testing, vulnerability assessments etc.

Linux hands down but, I mainly use windows just for gaming but, I do use linux everywhere I go.

I use Debian Linux as my primary operating system on my main computer. It's a great general purpose Linux distribution, and is extremely focused on open source software. I also have TAILS on a USB stick for when I want to use native computer systems (such as at the library, a friend's house, the coffee shop, etc.).

I have Windows XP (supplied by @"mothered") on another computer to play older video games and what not.

Quote:(06-26-2018, 07:40 AM)Slingshot Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

I have Windows XP (supplied by @"mothered") on another computer to play older video games and what not.

I assume the product key (as It should) worked well?

Quote:(06-26-2018, 07:49 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (06-26-2018, 07:40 AM)Slingshot Wrote:

Worked like a charm! Some little things are actually quite different compared to my older, outdated Windows XP.

Quote:(06-26-2018, 07:58 AM)Slingshot Wrote:

Quote: (06-26-2018, 07:49 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (06-26-2018, 07:40 AM)Slingshot Wrote:

Worked like a charm! Some little things are actually quite different compared to my older, outdated Windows XP.

Very good to read.

It's my copy of Windows XP and as for the product key, well, let's just say I've been using It for close to 14 years and It's yet to fail. As said, you can Install It on an Infinite number of systems.

Windows: gaming, Windows application development or reverse engineering, malware analysis.

Linux: Casual stuff like web browsing, some coding, reading PDFs, host for Windows VMs (stated above minus the gaming), doing school stuff, etc.

I don't see why someone has to favor only one side... porque no los dos?

I agree with what everyone else has already said, it depends on what you're doing on it and yes, as @"reGEN" said why not both ?
You can dual boot or use a live CD .

Quote:(06-26-2018, 12:50 PM)Vi-Sion Wrote:

why not both ?
You can dual boot or use a live CD .

Or If you have the hardware to accommodate It In an efficient manner, use a VM.

I'm running a few simultaneous VMs and barely notice a drop In performance. I do prefer a dual-boot, though.