Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 556 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
Multiple AVs (+ canned speech)

I'd recommend reading this article fully. Multiple AVs/AMs with the same designated task(s) can and usually will cause issues. It's safer to have one AV/AM per designated task then to have multiple, as multiple can lead to it skipping things or even being fully vuln in certain system areas.

Quote:There are a lot of security utilities you can run on your system, and many of them overlap. With so many choices in anti-virus programs and so much fear and panic in the news about computer security, it's tempted to bundle up your computer in as many utilities as you can find. You shouldn't.

Several anti-virus programs are available, but they all accomplish the same goal in roughly the same manner: they scan your hard drive for virii, monitor different programs' incoming and outgoing information for signs of infection, and ensure that any infections are isolated and eliminated. McAfee does it, Norton does it, Trend Micro does it, and Microsoft Security Essentials does it. While there are some minor strengths and weaknesses for different AV's regarding certain virii, at least 95% of the work is similar enough across the board that you don't need to use more than one program.

If you want to use more than one security utility, make sure you only have one per security-based activity. That means have only one program handle the virus scans, one program handle the firewall, and one program handle the spyware-watching. It can take a bit of time to set up, but it will prevent conflicts down the road. If you really, really want to run more than one AV, at the very least make sure the utilities' regular system scans are at different times. If two AV's try to scan your computer for virii at the same time, expect to see your computer either slow to a crawl or screech to a halt.

[To see links please register here]

And here's a quick canned speech I found on my system which you guys can use. It was done for a malware removal course and is addressing the issue of a user who has three AVs. It also contains recommendations of what program to used based on what the user already had, and contains removal instructions.
Enjoy!

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

True, but some antiviruses work decent in unison. For example, I use Malwarebytes and Nod32 at the same time, and there is no performance decrease for me. I haven't had any issues with them conflicting or anything of the sort. However, if you're planning to use more than one antivirus/security software, you should definitely do research first.

Yeah, alot of AV's will conflict. I personally use Avast as an active scanner, and use Malwarebytes for routine scans. If I feel Im infected, I will use combofix.

Quote:(02-01-2013, 04:36 PM)The Anarchist Wrote:

True, but some antiviruses work decent in unison. For example, I use Malwarebytes and Nod32 at the same time, and there is no performance decrease for me. I haven't had any issues with them conflicting or anything of the sort. However, if you're planning to use more than one antivirus/security software, you should definitely do research first.

MWB and ESET NOD32 work well together, although to improve system performance, you should disable mbam.exe, mbamgui.exe and mbamservice.exe (all located in MWB's Program Files) on NOD32. Also, you should exclude NOD32's whole Program Files folder.
Although this is not necessary, it does assist with slightly better system performance and prevent freezing issues on start-up (which happen semi-regularly with users of these two AVs in realtime without applying the above fixes).
This is just a general rule though, as two AVs in real-time is usually pointless and causes more issues than it's worth.

multiple avs - is a no no. although i get paid to "fix" that so i can't really complain

besides norton and mcafee being a joke, i have also seen Avast cause blue screens lately, so i can't recommend them

as far as MBAM, it uses some sort of advanced host type blocking. though its updated all the time, as a far as a protection module, i would honestly recommend disabling MBAM from any and all live blocking and just go with a DNS solution like Norton DNS or Comodo DNS. i have tested out both, and both are good known working.

don't get me wrong MBAM is a great product i have paid for. i would gladly pay for it again.

MBAM is not an anti-virus, that's one of the reasons it works side by side with AVs.
Now, if you run like Nod32, Avast, and Kaspersky at the same time, then you'll have problems. But MBAM is to the side.

Quote:(04-17-2013, 03:05 PM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

MBAM is not an anti-virus, that's one of the reasons it works side by side with AVs.

EXACTLY!!

Finally someone that actually reads tech threads. MBAM can be used with any AV but should be replace with it as a standalone one.

As for the running to AV's yes it can be done, but only if you know what your doing. I know a person (from a different site) that used to run Emsisoft AM (EAM) tweaked with, Online Armor Premium (OAP) tweaked, with Shadow Defender, plus Sandboxie Free, but knowing how advance he is I had no doubts that he didn't have any problem with it.