Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 657 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
My android battery draing so fast even on off screen

Quote:(12-09-2020, 07:32 AM)fsociety Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

yes its my mistake i overcharged my battery .... i never keep charge my phone to full but few last month i started charging alot i think that is....
I've had my Android cell phone for over 3 years, and have been overcharging It since day one.

It's yet to cause battery Issues to what you've described.
Perhaps I'm one of the lucky ones.

I hear that there is a huge difference if you purchase a phone yourself (directly from the vendor) and if you grab a phone via some mobile provider and use that monthly subscription to pay idk 20$-50$ and have their card and cool cell...so basically as soon as your warranty expires phone battery should die too :biggrin: vs. if you buy the phone yourself (without a subscription).

Quote:(12-12-2020, 06:41 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (12-08-2020, 05:45 PM)fsociety Wrote:

Quote: (12-08-2020, 01:19 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Could it be the full brightness is eating up your battery? In your settings you should be able to see a breakdown of battery usage by different apps, based upon their screen time.

bro after clearing cache of my phone than i remove my mobile cover and found my phone screen getting out i think my battery is swelling now and my fingerprint sensor goes inside more , asus become the shit company to me now... or i charged my phone alot thats why battery swelling... my battery is 5000mha it big ... it like 2 year almost i buy the asus phone...non removable batterry .. if i go to service center they will again start doing shitting shit thing like keep phone for 5-10 days for simply changing battery... which is just a 30 min work for asus...expert.

Damn that sucks! I'm not a fan of these companies who are selling phones where you can't replace the battery, or you can't add SD cards etc. It's like they expect it to break after a while to make you buy a new one (which is exactly what is happening).

Quote:(12-08-2020, 08:40 PM)Trilly Reign Wrote:

Quote: (12-08-2020, 11:08 AM)fsociety Wrote:

why this happening .. i am noticing this problem from 4-3 days draning alot...i have 5000mha battery ... at night (sleeping time) i sreen off the phone at 46% and morning phones dead

Quote:(12-08-2020, 11:08 AM)fsociety Wrote:

bro after clearing cache of my phone than i remove my mobile cover and found my phone screen getting out i think my battery is swelling now and my fingerprint sensor goes inside more
If you're battery is swelling this means you overcharged the battery, which is exactly what it sounds like you did, based on other evidence as well. This tends to happen to a lot of people, and it's why quick chargers, and scheduled power cycles are becoming more common on more phones. They help prevent the battery from over charging.
(Yes, as confusing as it may be quick chargers are actually safer for you're battery, as long as you have the correct charger)

My only recommendation would be to replace the battery. It's just going to get worse and worse, until it's replaced.

Good luck!

Quote:(12-08-2020, 11:08 AM)fsociety Wrote:

i forece stop many apps which consume alot of battery like fb , insta ,whatsapp but result same is my battery life over ???

TO ANYONE ON A MOBILE PHONE STOP DOING THIS!!! Yes, you're "force stopping" but the app starts up again in 5mins.

It takes MUCH more battery to force stop the app, than to just leave the process be. This also why you shouldn't use RAM cleaners, They drain your battery by immense amounts, and really are only made for selling ads....

Anyone that understands RAM can confirm this :wink:

Remember, Android is Linux, NOT Windows

I didn't realise it had that much impact on battery usage. In all fairness, I only use force stop when an app is misbehaving... even then. I'm more likely to restart my phone nowadays.

Besides, mobiles nowadays allow you to see exactly what is using the battery, and how much.

after this incident happen now i dont charge my laptop to 100% nor my new mobile , i will stop charging at 90% and always plug charger to 30% ...

Quote:(12-14-2020, 07:31 AM)fsociety Wrote:

Quote: (12-12-2020, 06:41 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

Quote: (12-08-2020, 05:45 PM)fsociety Wrote:

bro after clearing cache of my phone than i remove my mobile cover and found my phone screen getting out i think my battery is swelling now and my fingerprint sensor goes inside more , asus become the shit company to me now... or i charged my phone alot thats why battery swelling... my battery is 5000mha it big ... it like 2 year almost i buy the asus phone...non removable batterry .. if i go to service center they will again start doing shitting shit thing like keep phone for 5-10 days for simply changing battery... which is just a 30 min work for asus...expert.

Damn that sucks! I'm not a fan of these companies who are selling phones where you can't replace the battery, or you can't add SD cards etc. It's like they expect it to break after a while to make you buy a new one (which is exactly what is happening).

Quote:(12-08-2020, 08:40 PM)Trilly Reign Wrote:

If you're battery is swelling this means you overcharged the battery, which is exactly what it sounds like you did, based on other evidence as well. This tends to happen to a lot of people, and it's why quick chargers, and scheduled power cycles are becoming more common on more phones. They help prevent the battery from over charging.
(Yes, as confusing as it may be quick chargers are actually safer for you're battery, as long as you have the correct charger)

My only recommendation would be to replace the battery. It's just going to get worse and worse, until it's replaced.

Good luck!

TO ANYONE ON A MOBILE PHONE STOP DOING THIS!!! Yes, you're "force stopping" but the app starts up again in 5mins.

It takes MUCH more battery to force stop the app, than to just leave the process be. This also why you shouldn't use RAM cleaners, They drain your battery by immense amounts, and really are only made for selling ads....

Anyone that understands RAM can confirm this :wink:

Remember, Android is Linux, NOT Windows

I didn't realise it had that much impact on battery usage. In all fairness, I only use force stop when an app is misbehaving... even then. I'm more likely to restart my phone nowadays.

Besides, mobiles nowadays allow you to see exactly what is using the battery, and how much.

after this incident happen now i dont charge my laptop to 100% nor my new mobile , i will stop charging at 90% and always plug charger to 30% ...

I wouldn't suggest doing this. I could really get into the technicalities, but TLDR, any "stress" your preventing from the battery isnt going to make a difference, as most devices already take this into account. And plugging it in at 30% doesn't make a difference.

All devices using Android made in 2008, or later, use a higher amp from 10% - 80%, and the last 20% is charged at half the power. So if you unplug at 90% then your battery has already gone threw the most "stressful" part of the charge, thus really preventing nothing.

Ironically, it causes your battery to have a shorter total lifetime, as your causing it to go threw high stress, and then cutting it off. That's WAY worse for the battery then letting go threw the high stress, then wind back down to 100%.

I don't know the specifics for IOS, but I do know they have a similar system in place as well.

And I'm not even starting to get into it for your laptop/desktop. That's even worse, as it has even more systems in place, that you are then unintentionally messing with, and causing more battery drain/damage.

There isn't much you can do beyond the simple stuff. Lots of those "tips to save battery" you see online are written by bloggers, and not people who know what they're talking about. So while it may sound like it makes sense, technology isn't always that simplistic.

A much better solution would be to....

1) Set your devices up to turn off when they're fully charged, if your not using it

2) Don't unplug your device until it's charged to 100% no matter what you plug it in at

3) Make sure your not leaving the device in areas that cause high heat conduction, such has fabrics, other electronics, etc.

Quote:(12-14-2020, 08:07 AM)Trilly Reign Wrote:

Quote: (12-14-2020, 07:31 AM)fsociety Wrote:

Quote: (12-12-2020, 06:41 PM)Jiggly Wrote:

I wouldn't suggest doing this. I could really get into the technicalities, but TLDR, any "stress" your preventing from the battery isnt going to make a difference, as most devices already take this into account. And plugging it in at 30% doesn't make a difference.

All devices using Android made in 2008, or later, use a higher amp from 10% - 80%, and the last 20% is charged at half the power. So if you unplug at 90% then your battery has already gone threw the most "stressful" part of the charge, thus really preventing nothing.

Ironically, it causes your battery to have a shorter total lifetime, as your causing it to go threw high stress, and then cutting it off. That's WAY worse for the battery then letting go threw the high stress, then wind back down to 100%.

I don't know the specifics for IOS, but I do know they have a similar system in place as well.

And I'm not even starting to get into it for your laptop/desktop. That's even worse, as it has even more systems in place, that you are then unintentionally messing with, and causing more battery drain/damage.

There isn't much you can do beyond the simple stuff. Lots of those "tips to save battery" you see online are written by bloggers, and not people who know what they're talking about. So while it may sound like it makes sense, technology isn't always that simplistic.

1) Set your devices up to turn off when they're fully charged, if your not using it

2) Don't unplug your device until it's charged to 100% no matter what you plug it in at

3) Make sure your not leaving the device in areas that cause high heat conduction, such has fabrics, other electronics, etc.

haha making me scare , by the way today i got my battery delivered , i opened my phone my self this time and it was my first time , i struggle to open back case was not easy high pressure and figure print sensor too ... after that i disconnected battery , and than struggle in pulling out battery damm hard because they use glue i was puttung so much pressure that i got i 2 slight crack on screen very very slight...hehe..than everything dissablemd and i replace with new battery ... i am happy that i done my self ... otherwise most of thee money going in repaiing and buyinh new battery ..

battery cost me : 1400rs = 19$
than if i take to repair shop they will charge : 10$ ..

this is how people make money...i see alot of youtube learn from there and done my self... but risky.. :xd: :xd:

Quote:(12-14-2020, 08:07 AM)Trilly Reign Wrote:

Very well said.

In fact and coincidentally, I've been doing that for all my devices and have yet to experience Issues.

Been having some similar problems with my phone, it doesn't even manage to last an entire day and I use it on minimum brightness.

Quote:(12-14-2020, 07:57 PM)thuxtk Wrote:

Been having some similar problems with my phone, it doesn't even manage to last an entire day and I use it on minimum brightness.

just replace it boi.

Quote:(12-14-2020, 07:57 PM)thuxtk Wrote:

That's typical of phones that're a number of years old.

How long have you had yours?

Quote:(12-15-2020, 09:06 AM)mothered Wrote:

Quote: (12-14-2020, 07:57 PM)thuxtk Wrote:

That's typical of phones that're a number of years old.

How long have you had yours?

7 - 8 months, I have a Motorola G7.

Quote: (12-15-2020, 08:50 AM)fsociety Wrote:

Quote: (12-14-2020, 07:57 PM)thuxtk Wrote:

just replace it boi.

It hasn't been even over a year of use and its already draining the battery so idk, kinda broke currently to actually get a new decent one lol