Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 273 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
.NET - Security Frameworks for .NET

Does anyone know of any security frameworks for .NET?

By security framework, I am referring to a framework consisting of a set of libraries and APIs containing code which can be used to improve the security of the application being developed overall.

So far, I have only identified Spring.NET. I have found other frameworks for .NET such as Castle MonoRail, however it is not exactly directed towards solving security issues.

To give you an example, a Java programmer can make use of the following security frameworks:

1. Apache Shiro (Java)
2. JAAS (Java)
3. JGuard (Java)
4. JSecurity (Java)
5. PicketBox (Java)
6. Spring Security (Java)

I don't know those frameworks but from a quick glance at Apache Shiro and Spring Security I get that you are looking for something that will do _cryptography_, _session management_, _authentication_ and _authorization_. Unfortunately I don't know any frameworks that will do that for you except what's built into .NET by default.

**Cryptography** is provided by the [`System.Security.Cryptography` namespace](

[To see links please register here]

).

**Authentication** and **authorization** are provided by default by ASP.Net, as Windows, Forms or password authentication. See for example the [ASP.NET authentication and authorization](

) article on CodeProject.

**Session management** is also built into ASP.Net. For example, see [ASP.NET State Management Overview](

) on MSDN.