Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 471 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
Need some help - enabling checkboxes

Quote:(03-17-2013, 02:22 AM)cxS Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Quote: (03-17-2013, 02:09 AM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

Quote: (03-17-2013, 02:04 AM)cxS Wrote:

Quote: (03-17-2013, 01:05 AM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

Quote: (03-17-2013, 12:57 AM)cxS Wrote:

I'm confused.. So User_TextChanged() fires, but it only assigns password, username, turnon() fires, and the MessageBox shows?

And when turnon() is fired, how do you know that it is firing? I don't get it, you said MessageBox, but the MessageBox is in the catch?

This seems odd. As I said, lets see how you have everything laid out.

If it doesn't work then it shouldn't work. Are you mutli-threading anything?

I have enable(); in there as well, which is where the textbox is, the textbox shows, so I know it's firing, but the checkboxes don't enable.
It looks like it works, I don't see why not, but it doesn't. There's no multi-threading.

What? I know you did but I was trying to re-iterate my understanding of what was going on, so I did not mention enable() because I was explaining which methods were working.

Textbox? Now I'm even more confused. There's no Textbox in enable() :confused:... All I see is checkbox's and afbutton's, along with a messagebox.

Sorry about that, meant checkboxes, not textboxes.

Or do you mean the MessageBox? You said the "textbox shows".

Try cleaning your solution, rebuilding it. Then try this instead:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Not sure why it won't work from another form, unless you're doing something odd. It works for me in my tests. How are you referencing the main form in order to change the label?

We aren't checking them, we're enabling them. And I'm not doing it from another form.

Form1 has the labels and checkboxes.
Form2 changes Form1s label text, which has an event handler, which I have set to re-enable the checkboxes and show a message box.
The message box shows, but the checkboxes aren't enabled.

Quote:(03-17-2013, 01:05 AM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

I'm confused.. So User_TextChanged() fires, but it only assigns password, username, turnon() fires, and the MessageBox shows?

And when turnon() is fired, how do you know that it is firing? I don't get it, you said MessageBox, but the MessageBox is in the catch?

Quote:by the code I have in the thread, it should work, but it doesn't.

I have enable(); in there as well, which is where the textbox is, the textbox shows, so I know it's firing, but the checkboxes don't enable.
It looks like it works, I don't see why not, but it doesn't. There's no multi-threading.

What? I know you did but I was trying to re-iterate my understanding of what was going on, so I did not mention enable() because I was explaining which methods were working.

Textbox? Now I'm even more confused. There's no Textbox in enable() :confused:... All I see is checkbox's and afbutton's, along with a messagebox.

Quote:(03-17-2013, 02:09 AM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

Quote: (03-17-2013, 02:04 AM)cxS Wrote:

Quote: (03-17-2013, 01:05 AM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

Quote:by the code I have in the thread, it should work, but it doesn't.

Sorry about that, meant checkboxes, not textboxes.

Or do you mean the MessageBox? You said the "textbox shows".

Try cleaning your solution, rebuilding it. Then try this instead:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Not sure why it won't work from another form, unless you're doing something odd. It works for me in my tests. How are you referencing the main form in order to change the label?

Quote:(03-17-2013, 02:30 AM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

We aren't checking them, we're enabling them. And I'm not doing it from another form.

Form1 has the labels and checkboxes.
Form2 changes Form1s label text, which has an event handler, which I have set to re-enable the checkboxes and show a message box.
The message box shows, but the checkboxes aren't enabled.

I know you're not, but the event is being initially fired from an action on another form...

But you did not answer my question though and instead stuck to debating semantics with me about what you're doing. Here was my example:

In my main form:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

In Form2 (with overloaded constructor):

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

This works for enabling/disabling as well. I only used Checked in my example because it is easier to retest.

I have:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(03-17-2013, 03:06 AM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

Quote: (03-17-2013, 03:02 AM)cxS Wrote:

lol, that's never going to work... A newly instantiated Form1 is not the original Form1. If you're expecting that TextChanged event to fire here:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Which would explain why the MessageBox is showing and anything on the form isn't changing... Hence why I said earlier that you didn't provide enough information; this was the information needed.

Why does the messagebox show but the checkboxes don't re-enable though?

They do, everything you expect to happen, does happen. Just not on the form you think it should be happening to. This form that you're dealing with, just isn't being seen.

Quote:(03-17-2013, 03:02 AM)cxS Wrote:

lol, that's never going to work... A newly instantiated Form1 is not the original Form1. If you're expecting that TextChanged event to fire here:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Which would explain why the MessageBox is showing and anything on the form isn't changing... Hence why I said earlier that you didn't provide enough information; this was the information needed.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

Quote:(03-17-2013, 03:07 AM)cxS Wrote:

Quote: (03-17-2013, 03:06 AM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

Quote: (03-17-2013, 03:02 AM)cxS Wrote:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

They do, everything you expect to happen, does happen. Just not on the form you think it should be happening to. This form that you're dealing with, just isn't being seen.

Why wouldn't it return an error though saying Form2 checkbox doesn't exist?

Quote:(03-17-2013, 04:28 AM)cxS Wrote:

Quote: (03-17-2013, 03:09 AM)i0xIllusi0n Wrote:

Why wouldn't it return an error though saying Form2 checkbox doesn't exist?

Because it does exist lol....

On Form1, not Form2. If form2 is running the code, and it's suppose to enable a checkbox on Form2, why doesn't it say the Form2 checkbox doesn't exist