Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 641 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
New to MacOS, which AV?

As states above, I'm fairly new to Mac as always been a windows user but recently brought a MacBook Pro.

Should I require an antivirus; if so which are the best?

I understand it's not the highest quality thread, however I browsed a bit and didn't find any proper answers so thought this thread could be beneficial for others once it has been responded to.

Thanks

Quote:Should I require an antivirus
Any protection Is better than none.

Malware and the like, has become rather common for the Mac OS compared to 5+ years ago. You can opt for Norton, ESET, Avast or Kaspersky. I also suggest Installing Malwarebytes- which can run alongside any AV without compatibility Issues.

Quote:(10-08-2020, 04:47 AM)mothered Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Malware and the like, has become rather common for the Mac OS compared to 5+ years ago. You can opt for Norton, ESET, Avast or Kaspersky. I also suggest Installing Malwarebytes- which can run alongside any AV without compatibility Issues.

Common enough I belive they have removed the bit about mac not getting viruses from some of thier marketing material. Dont quote me on that tho.

Quote:(10-08-2020, 08:28 AM)Skullmeat Wrote:

Common enough I belive they have removed the bit about mac not getting viruses from some of thier marketing material. Dont quote me on that tho.
That's very Interesting.

I've made a mental note to lookout for anything relative to this during my online travels. I wonder whether they state that It Is susceptible to viruses, or just removed that It Isn't. I'd say the latter would be the case to Increase sales.

Quote:(10-08-2020, 04:47 AM)mothered Wrote:

Thanks for this bro. Thought it must have changed by now regarding mac's not being able to get infected.

Downloaded Malwarebytes and will take a look at the other 4 for an actual AV.

Quote:(10-08-2020, 04:41 PM)lkunt Wrote:

Thanks for this bro. Thought it must have changed by now regarding mac's not being able to get infected.

Downloaded Malwarebytes and will take a look at the other 4 for an actual AV.
You're most welcome.

You'll be very Impressed with Malwarebytes. In my experience, It removes Infections that the majority of leading AVs fail to even detect their existence, let alone disinfect the system.