Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 312 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
OUYA: A New Kind of Video Game Console

Looked awesome. The question is can it really deliver to its expectations?

I can see people modifying it for cheat...

Is having a sexy console a cheat already?

Holy shit this is gonna be amazing to have i want to get one lol

Honestly... I just didn't pre-order one already because I feel like I could just get a Raspberry Pi, get any linux on it, tether a bluetooth controller and load up any ARM-compatible game. Heck, if the software from the OUYA is open source, I bet I could try to port it.

Of course, would be nowhere near as pweety. But I'm the kinda guy that hangs motherboards on the walls so I'm okay with that.

Quote:(08-30-2012, 04:09 AM)BreakR Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Honestly... I just didn't pre-order one already because I feel like I could just get a Raspberry Pi, get any linux on it, tether a bluetooth controller and load up any ARM-compatible game. Hack, if the software from the OUYA is open source, I bet I could try to port it.

Of course, would be nowhere near as pweety. But I'm the kinda guy that hangs motherboards on the walls so I'm okay with that.

Sounds good when written in a forum post.
The issue is that the Raspberry Pi doesn't have the hardware to run any decent games.

You think you'll be able to play any games with 256mb of RAM?
Maybe you can play some, but the Raspberry Pi wasn't designed for games.

My phone has more RAM than a Raspberry Pi.
Not only that, but they cost $25 - while the Ouya will probably be $99.99.

You could say you're getting what you pay for.

Quote:(08-30-2012, 10:58 AM)The Anarchist Wrote:

Quote: (08-30-2012, 04:09 AM)BreakR Wrote:

Honestly... I just didn't pre-order one already because I feel like I could just get a Raspberry Pi, get any linux on it, tether a bluetooth controller and load up any ARM-compatible game. Hack, if the software from the OUYA is open source, I bet I could try to port it.

The issue is that the Raspberry Pi doesn't have the hardware to run any decent games.

..Damn, I forgot it had so little RAM. I think that would be the only bottleneck though.
Actually, just made me realize; we could run the OUYA software in our phones / tablets and hook it up to a TV. Pre-order of the OUYA is $199? You can get a Nexus 7 for $199, same CPU and everything, except it's a tablet. I can already foresee an OUYA ROM popping up on XDA.

Edit: Actually it's $109 lol

Quote:(08-30-2012, 11:00 PM)BreakR Wrote:

Quote: (08-30-2012, 10:58 AM)The Anarchist Wrote:

Quote: (08-30-2012, 04:09 AM)BreakR Wrote:

..Damn, I forgot it had so little RAM. I think that would be the only bottleneck though.
Actually, just made me realize; we could run the OUYA software in our phones / tablets and hook it up to a TV. Pre-order of the OUYA is $199? You can get a Nexus 7 for $199, same CPU and everything, except it's a tablet. I can already foresee an OUYA ROM popping up on XDA.

Edit: Actually it's $109 lol

It's decently fair pricing, and the fact they cater it towards people interested in freedom makes me happy.
Can't really diss the pricing, and if you want to put Linux or something on it - you can.

It will cost $99 for the console, $25 extra for me as I am outside US, and $30 USD for an extra controller. So $154 for the whole package for me. Actually I haven't seen a console like this before, This will be a popular one when it will reach the market officially. Even my mom will love it. xD.
All games are free to play? Hackers are welcome? Looks like a console for us. haha

Quote:(08-29-2012, 04:17 AM)antonino Wrote:

Looked awesome. The question is can it really deliver to its expectations?

I suppose we'll have to wait and see!