Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 537 Vote(s) - 3.45 Average
OverLight - available for Android!

[Image: OverLightBanner.jpg]

It's here!

I'm happy to announce that OverLight was now officially released on Desura for sale (alphafunding), with 50 % off during the alpha! ^^

I'll be very grateful if you share it with others and help me spread the word :3

[To see links please register here]

[Image: windows_48.png] [Image: mac_48.png] [Image: linux_48.png]

I thought I could share with you an early preview of an indie game I'm working on (I'm starting a creative studio! :biggrin: ) called OverLight. It's casual puzzle arcade game that will be released for Windows, Mac OS X, Android (phones, tablets), iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod) and the web and hopefully for some other platforms as well.

I would also like to get some early feedback about the game. Currently I'm providing only video, but the downloads are coming soon too. Since the game is indie, the full version is going to be paid (not very much though!), but I'm sure it will leak somewhere (it's good for the promotion!), maybe here, especially if you help and tell your friends and help to spread it :wink: Although you'd be still free to pay for it, if you want to support me and its development and the future projects.

The basic principle is to redirect lasers beams by strategically breaking glass blocks, so that two beams go through the same block, make it overheat and blow up, for which you receive points.

Fully featured game is going to contain multiple different game modes, many levels and special blocks and actions to keep things rich and fresh.

[Image: overlight_testing_laser_tint_by_frooxius-d5hxifj.png]

Watch the first trailer!

Watch gameplay preview here

I welcome any feedback and support. Keep tuned for more, I'm planning to release alpha version soon :3

[Image: my_game_by_frooxius-d5bgp91.jpg]

I have the exact same question as 1llusion. But for now it looks great, I'm looking forward to see the final result.

i love your cat , what is his/her origin ?

about game : a suggstion add some award system for well playing ?

Looks really good! I might be blind but, what exactly is the goal? I guessed that break as many glass blocks as possible from the videos, but can you controll the laser light?
Looking forward to the release!

Thanks. Goal depends on the gamemode you choose (they're not implemented yet). In the simplest arcade mode, you have to achieve certain score. However to not make things so easy, you loose points for every block you break manually and gain points for every block you break using a laser (plus some additional bonus points for combos and also special blocks). Therefore you can't just break blocks completely at random (well... you can, but you'll fall to zero pretty quick :tongue: ), but need to put a little thought in it.

Another mode is time attack mode, where you have to gain as many points as possible in a limited time, so you need to decide quickly which blocks to break and which not. Another mode is "Clean Up" mode, where you get a finite set of blocks and movable lasers (you can only move them down though) and you need to destroy them all and get as many points as possible.

One of the modes is quite different though and that's Puzzle mode. It contains additional special blocks that react in some way to the lasers and movement and you are permitted to destroy only certain number of blocks. The blocks are pre-arranged by the designer of the level and you're required to achieve a certain goal, such as making the laser break a certain block or have a certain block fall into certain place and more.

There will be also configurable modes, where you can set your own rules and try to gain as many points as possible. The game will also include level editor for certain modes and ability to share levels you've created.

My cat Jantar "Nix" Burcoon is a kitten of Mansur Sun Maine Treasures (father) and Laluna Atte Ros (mother), I don't know any further though from the memory, I would have to find his pedigree list x3

I'm not sure what do you mean by award system for well playing? What kind of awards? And what do you mean by term "well playing"? Do you mean achievements? I plan to integrate achievements into the game, so it will be integrated with GameCenter on Apple systems for example and hopefully it will get accepted to Steam on Windows.

As I've already stated, I plan on implementing achievements for various, less or more complicated feats in the game.

yeah i missed the word achievements , well i actually didn't get the game much , all i get is , beem is going and we can blow the glasses
like playing time ,
playing speed ,
etc , for give some awards i meant

Probably an online mode "battle" would be cool too! There would be two players in the same "map" and try to destroy as many blocks as possible. The players could have lasers of different color and if the lasers crossed something would happen (like extra points for both players). Or some kind of cooperative mode etc would be really cool!

I like it :smile: Be sure to make a thread or update this one once its out

I am thinking of some multiplayer modes as well, however I need to resolve a few things before I get to that. It will be probably included in later version as an update.

Multiple laser colors will be part of singleplayer gameplay as well.

Update! A nice, rather formal video showing the new effects and gameplay! ^^ Screen capture now to show things nicely.

YouTube embed doesn't seem to work, here's link:

No comments on the latest preview? Are there any people who would be interested in helping to test the game?

Also, I made a photo of myself... with my game! ^^
[Image: my_game_by_frooxius-d5bgp91.jpg]