Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 860 Vote(s) - 3.51 Average
PostgreSQL error when trying to create an extension

In C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.4 I found uninstall-postgis-bundle-pg94x64-2.1.5-2.exe. Running that fixed my problem, which was caused by a reinstall of PostgreSQL without first uninstalling, and without installing PostGIS the second time around. That's what happens when you more than one person installing stuff..

On 14.04, there is [`postgresql-9.3-postgis-scripts`][1], which [contains][2] the `postgis.control` file.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

[2]:

I had my worst nightmare while installing Postgis 2.X on SLES 12 SP1. which doesnt have compatible package in zypper repo

Here is how is resolved it on my Postgres server instance running 9.4.X

**Prerequsite packages which i have installed prior to PostGis based on the errors**

Proj 4 Download source cold, Build --> make install
install Gdal andjibson by adding zypper repo zypper addrepo

zypper install gdal gdal-devel libjson-c-devel libjson

**Installing Postgis**

Download postgis source code (

)

Go to Postgis folder
./configure --with-pgconfig=/usr/lib/postgresql94/bin/pg_config --with-geosconfig=/usr/local/bin/geos-config
make
make install

now if you goto postgress DB and create extension postgis; it will work

**Important** while configuring you should specify pg-config path and geosconfig path and You SHOULD NOT include "without Raster" as RASTER plays main role in creating the postgis extension

this work for me

SELECT PostGIS_full_version();

To create postgisis run above query in query panel

And for remove postgis from your database run bellow query

drop extension postgis

Try this

apt-get install postgis

if you are using windows system download the `postgis.bundle.exe` and manually install in `C:/(PostgreSQLdirectory/version/ )` and that's all .