Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 615 Vote(s) - 3.48 Average
PowerShell says "execution of scripts is disabled on this system."

I am trying to run a `cmd` file that calls a PowerShell script from `cmd.exe`, but I am getting this error:

> `Management_Install.ps1` cannot be loaded because the execution of scripts is disabled on this system.

I ran this command:

```lang-none
Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted
```

When I run `Get-ExecutionPolicy` from PowerShell, it returns `Unrestricted`.

```lang-none
Get-ExecutionPolicy
```

Output:

```lang-none
Unrestricted
```

> cd "C:\Projects\Microsoft.Practices.ESB\Source\Samples\Management Portal\Install\Scripts\"
> powershell .\Management_Install.ps1 1
>
> WARNING: Running x86 PowerShell...
>
> File `C:\Projects\Microsoft.Practices.ESB\Source\Samples\Management Portal\Install\Scripts\Management_Install.ps1` cannot be loaded because the execution of scripts is disabled on this system. Please see "`get-help about_signing`" for more details.
>
> At line:1 char:25
>
> + `.\Management_Install.ps1` <<<< 1
>
> + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], PSSecurityException
>
> + FullyQualifiedErrorId : RuntimeException
>
> C:\Projects\Microsoft.Practices.ESB\Source\Samples\Management Portal\Install\Scripts\> PAUSE
>
> Press any key to continue . . .

The system is [Windows Server 2008][1] R2.

What am I doing wrong?

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

In Windows 7:

Go to Start Menu and search for "Windows PowerShell ISE".

Right click the x86 version and choose "Run as administrator".

In the top part, paste `Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned`; run the script. Choose "Yes".

Repeat these steps for the 64-bit version of Powershell ISE too (the non x86 version).

I'm just clarifying the steps that @Chad Miller hinted at. Thanks Chad!

If you're here because of running it with [Ruby][1] or [Chef][2] and using `` system execution, execute as follows:

`powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -command [Environment]::GetFolderPath(\'mydocuments\')`

That command is for getting "MyDocuments" Folder.

`-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted` does the trick.

I hope it's helpful for someone else.

[1]:

[2]:

Several answers point to execution policy. However some things require "runas administrator" also. This is safest in that there is no permanent change to execution policy, and can get past administrator restriction. Use with schedtask to start a batch with:

runas.exe /savecred /user:administrator powershell -ExecutionPolicy ByPass -File script.ps1

from both Jack Edmonds above, and Peter Mortensen / Dhana of post

Setting the execution policy is environment-specific. If you are trying to execute a script from the running x86 [ISE][1] you have to use the x86 PowerShell to set the execution policy. Likewise, if you are running the 64-bit ISE you have to set the policy with the 64-bit PowerShell.

[1]:

I'm using **Windows 10** and was unable to run any command. The only command that gave me some clues was this:

[x64]

> 1. Open C:\Windows\SysWOW64\cmd.exe *[as administrator]*
> 2. Run the command> **powershell Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted**

But this didn't work. It was limited. Probably new security policies for Windows10. I had this error:

> Set-ExecutionPolicy: Windows PowerShell updated your execution policy successfully, but the setting is overridden by a policy defined at a more specific scope. Due to the override, your shell will retain its current effective execution policy of...

So I found another way (**solution**):

1. Open Run Command/Console (<kbd>Win</kbd> + <kbd>R</kbd>)
2. Type: **gpedit.msc** ([Group Policy][1] Editor)
3. Browse to *Local Computer Policy* -> *Computer Configuration* -> *Administrative Templates* -> *Windows Components* -> *Windows Powershell*.
4. Enable "**Turn on Script Execution**"
5. Set the policy as needed. I set mine to "**Allow all scripts**".

Now open PowerShell and enjoy ;)

[1]:

In PowerShell 2.0, the execution policy was set to disabled by default.

From then on, the PowerShell team has made a lot of improvements, and they are confident that users will not break things much while running scripts. So from PowerShell 4.0 onward, it is enabled by default.

In your case, type `Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned` from the PowerShell console and say yes.

1. Open PowerShell as Administrator and run **Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope CurrentUser**
2. Provide **RemoteSigned** and press Enter
3. Run **Set-ExecutionPolicy -Scope CurrentUser**
4. Provide **Unrestricted** and press Enter

I had the same problem today. 64-bit execution policy was unrestricted, while 32-bit was restricted.

Here's how to change just the 32-bit policy remotely:

Invoke-Command -ComputerName $servername -ConfigurationName Microsoft.PowerShell32 -scriptblock {Set-ExecutionPolicy unrestricted}

Open the PowerShell window as an **Administrator**. It will work.