Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 608 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
PrestaShop API memory limit

I am using PrestaShop 1.5 and trying to make this API (webservice) call:

example.com/api/order_histories?schema=blank

However it returns the following error:

>Fatal error: Allowed memory size of {some numbers} bytes exhausted (tried to allocate x bytes).

While invoking this URL:

[To see links please register here]

works just fine.

So I gradually increased my php.ini `memory_limit` parameter. Initially it was set to 32M, so I tried to bumped it up to 64M, 128M, until all the way up to 1024M. I also tried to set it up to 2048M, but since I only have 1GB RAM, 2048M will pretty much crash the server.

Before I am looking further into the code, I just want to know whether anyone else experience this kind of problem with PrestaShop (1.5.4), and if yes what was/is the solution?

I had this problem before.

There's a bug in class `WebserviceRequest` which instantiate every object of this class to get a blank schema. So when calling a class like categories that contains a few entries there's no problem. But when calling a class like order_histories that contains thousands of entries it will load thousand objects in memory and crash.

But I can't remember which method was causing this bug. You should start debuging from method `executeEntityGetAndHead` and check if method `getFilteredObjectList` is called.

----

**EDIT:**

The method `getFilteredObjectList` has been updated [on github][1]:

<!-- language: lang-php ->

public function getFilteredObjectList()
{
$objects = array();
$filters = $this->manageFilters();
/* If we only need to display the synopsis, analyzing the first row is sufficient */
if (isset($this->urlFragments['schema']) && in_array($this->urlFragments['schema'], array('blank', 'synopsis')))
$filters = array('sql_join' => '', 'sql_filter' => '', 'sql_sort' => '', 'sql_limit' => ' LIMIT 1');

$this->resourceConfiguration['retrieveData']['params'][] = $filters['sql_join'];
$this->resourceConfiguration['retrieveData']['params'][] = $filters['sql_filter'];
$this->resourceConfiguration['retrieveData']['params'][] = $filters['sql_sort'];
$this->resourceConfiguration['retrieveData']['params'][] = $filters['sql_limit'];
//list entities
$tmp = new $this->resourceConfiguration['retrieveData']['className']();
$sqlObjects = call_user_func_array(array($tmp, $this->resourceConfiguration['retrieveData']['retrieveMethod']), $this->resourceConfiguration['retrieveData']['params']);
if ($sqlObjects)
{
foreach ($sqlObjects as $sqlObject)
{
if ($this->fieldsToDisplay == 'minimum')
{
$obj = new $this->resourceConfiguration['retrieveData']['className']();
$obj->id = (int)$sqlObject[$this->resourceConfiguration['fields']['id']['sqlId']];
$objects[] = $obj;
}
else
$objects[] = new $this->resourceConfiguration['retrieveData']['className']((int)$sqlObject[$this->resourceConfiguration['fields']['id']['sqlId']]);
}
return $objects;
}
}

With this modification, if we ask a blank schema a `LIMIT 1` is added to the query so that only one object is loaded from database.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]