Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 363 Vote(s) - 3.49 Average
Rails keeps telling me that it's not currently installed

Out of nowhere Rails wasn't currently installed but, what fixed it was
`rvm use ruby-2.6.0`

...and verified my path in .bash_profile
`export PATH="$PATH:$HOME/.rvm/bin"`

For MacOS (High Sierra):

Tokaido is the Rails installer system recommended on the ["Getting Started" Rails guide page][1] for Mac OS. But it doesn't just install, it runs its own shell scripts. If you start out using that, which sources its own shell environment, then later start a terminal without launching from the Tokaido shell, this happens, because the "rails" command falls back to the original system rails code on the Mac.

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

For mine, the 'which rails' command in a normal terminal returns

/usr/bin/rails

But after launching Tokaido's shell, 'which rails' gives this path:

/Users/charlesross/.tokaido/Gems/2.2.0/bin/rails

I had this message on my Mac:

> Rails is not currently installed on this system. To get the latest
> version, simply type:

and it was about the `$PATH` not being correct. The system has an outdated version of rails (`/usr/bin/ruby`). The path to your chosen version of ruby (`$HOME/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/bin`) must precede the system's outdated version along `$PATH` var, like below:

export PATH="$HOME/.rbenv/versions/2.3.0/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:$PATH"
adjust it to your version of ruby.

Restart your terminal and then re-run your rails command

I ran into this issue using rbenv. Turns out `gem install rails` did in fact install Rails but `rails` was not recognized as an executable. The fix for me was to run `rbenv rehash`.

I found this fix and more details on setting up Rails 5 at

Try This:

You need to change your terminal emulator preferences to allow login shell.

Sometimes it is required to use `/bin/bash --login` as the command.

$ bin/bash --login
$ rails -v

Try to specify gemset explicitely in your Gemfile:

source 'https://rubygems.org'
ruby "2.2.3"
#ruby-gemset=rails424

I had this error after updating ruby. I had to run 'bundle install' to fix it.

I had a similar issue, but with rbenv.

I originally installed ruby on bash. Then I played around with .bashrc in VIM, messed that file up, and reset it back to default. In doing so, I unknowingly removed the exported rbenv $PATH. Because of this, my terminal no longer recognized that I had ruby installed.

I revisited the ruby installation page (

) and tried to set up my rbenv path again with this command:

echo 'export PATH="$HOME/.rbenv/bin:$PATH"' >> ~/.bashrc

It failed.

Luckily, I had already switched to zsh (with oh-my-zsh) between the time I messed up my .bashrc and the time I tried to access irb from my terminal.

My solution was to set up the rbenv path per the installation guide, but by replacing all instances of `.bashrc` with `.zshrc` like so:

echo 'export PATH="$HOME/.rbenv/bin:$PATH"' >> ~/.zshrc

Hope this helps!

A possible solution is to not maintain two different configuration files `.bash_profile` and `.bashrc`

The solution as suggested in this excellent post on the difference between `.bash_profile` and `.bashrc` is to source `.bashrc` from your `.bash_profile` file, then putting PATH and common settings in `.bashrc`.

Quoting,

add the following lines to `.bash_profile`:

`if [ -f ~/.bashrc ]; then
source ~/.bashrc
fi`

end quote