Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 688 Vote(s) - 3.53 Average
[Request]Java projects?

Hey,

I'm in the process of learning java, at the moment I'm at a just above basic level
and I would like to improve and see what I can do with java.

So if anyone would like to suggest a project(s) or an idea on what to code, go for
it and I'll give it a try :smile:.

Apathetic1

Quote:(03-11-2012, 01:47 PM)Jacob Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Hmm.

Make a basic GUI with a text box. A button. And a cute design.

Make the program popup a message saying whatever it was typed into the text box :smile:

All ready have :smile:, I've made a calc, a convertor and a few other things - so maybe I'm border lining moderate experience and I have a pretty decent understanding of the syntax and am able to use the API pretty good. I've also done some abstract classes and interfaces.

Apathetic1

Hmm.

Make a basic GUI with a text box. A button. And a cute design.

Make the program popup a message saying whatever it was typed into the text box

More advanced than I thought ^_^

Make a little project that has two text boxes and obviously a form. Give the form a cute little design and such.

With the two text boxes, make one read only and make the other writable.

Make the project do this:
Quote:when typing into the writable box the same text is outputted into the read only box
Then change it up a bit and experiment

I think that the ideas you're presenting to him have actually nothing to do with Java and programming itself, but just specific GUI API and design, just gluing some pre-made elements with a little bit of code, that's no programming challenge.

You can for example try programming a simple expression parser that will read and evaluate some expression that user inputs in a box and then render it as a graph, a simple 2D graph (thus you have only one variable - x) will do.

For example, the user will type

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

And it will render a sine graph. However he can also type something more complex like:

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.

And your code will parse and calculate and render this equation as a graph also.

I will attempt both, either later on tonight or tomorrow :smile:.

Edit: Screwed up my schedule, should be able to start both in a couple days as I've other shit to do at the moment