Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 573 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
Session database table cleanup

Does this table need to be purged or is it taken care of automatically by Django?

1. Django 1.6 or Above
```
python manage.py clearsessions
```
2. Django 1.5 or lower
```
python manage.py cleanup
```
3. From Django Shell
```
from django.contrib.sessions.models import Session
Session.objects.all().delete()
```
4. django-session-cleanup
[cornJob][1]

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

On my `development server`, I prefer a database command over `python manage.py clearsessions` because you delete all sessions, not just the expired ones (here: MySQL). To login into your database and do:

truncate table django_session;

BTW, `session` is not a database, but a table (django_session) and an app (`django.contrib.sessions`).

Django does NOT provide automatic purging. There is however a handy command available to help you do it manually: [Django docs: Clearing the session store](

)

python manage.py clearsessions

I know this post is old but I tried this command/attribute and it worked for me.

In the 'base.html' file, I inserted:
{{ request.session.clear_expired }}

This clears expired records from the django_session table when the user clicks on any link in the template after the session expires.

Even so, it is necessary to create a routine to clear expired records over a period longer than one day. This is necessary to clear logs when user closes browser with open sessions.

I used Django 3.2.4

Other method:

I'm using Django 3.2 and i recommend using the [django-auto-logout][1] package.

It allows active time and idle time session control.

In the template you can use variables together with Javascript.

[1]: