Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 443 Vote(s) - 3.56 Average
Sub or dubbed anime.

Quote:(07-16-2018, 09:51 AM)Mimiakira Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Mate... so many sub people and not enough dub haha.

I think that there's stigma towards dub in the anime community.

I always want to listen to dubs for the ease of it, and as you say, to look at the anime more than the text. However, I have only watched one show where the dub hasn't annoyed me (Cowboy Bebop). I wonder if it is because most dubs are American, they sound so super fake to me and like a childs animated show (I'm thinking Pokemon and the like). It sounds over-dramatised and not genuine and convincing to me. I have nothing against dubs generally, though I'm aware of the unjustified stigma. If I could find dubs that didn't bother me, I'd be happy to watch them. Though, nowadays I quite enjoy the unique expressions in the Japanese language. It adds to the experience.

Subbed always. Helps you spark up your reading skills, and it helps you with patience/ADHD. Dubbed is completely shit imo. Only dubbed version of anime I've ever liked is dragonball/z since the voice actors actually gave a shit.

I only like sub version . I hate dub because they take out the Japanese text.

I feel like it really depends on the anime. Cowboy bebop, Wolf's rain, Yu Yu Hakasho, Inuyasha, DBZ, etc are some really good dubs. In fact I'd only watch them dubbed to be honest. Also, I feel like the older anime has better dubs. Stuff like what I listed and like Gundam seem to have better dubs than newer stuff. For me though. Besides those I listed, I usually only mess with subbed.

Quote:(09-07-2018, 08:58 PM)IronmanXLR Wrote:

I feel like it really depends on the anime. Cowboy bebop, Wolf's rain, Yu Yu Hakasho, Inuyasha, DBZ, etc are some really good dubs. In fact I'd only watch them dubbed to be honest. Also, I feel like the older anime has better dubs. Stuff like what I listed and like Gundam seem to have better dubs than newer stuff. For me though. Besides those I listed, I usually only mess with subbed.

Some of the older anime like Cowboy Bebop had a bigger budget when it came to VAs. A lot of the actors for those titles are doing work for AAA titles or retired.

Quote:(07-21-2018, 11:44 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

I always want to listen to dubs for the ease of it, and as you say, to look at the anime more than the text. However, I have only watched one show where the dub hasn't annoyed me (Cowboy Bebop). I wonder if it is because most dubs are American, they sound so super fake to me and like a childs animated show (I'm thinking Pokemon and the like). It sounds over-dramatised and not genuine and convincing to me. I have nothing against dubs generally, though I'm aware of the unjustified stigma. If I could find dubs that didn't bother me, I'd be happy to watch them. Though, nowadays I quite enjoy the unique expressions in the Japanese language. It adds to the experience.

One of the things that might have helped with Cowboy Bebop is that english felt 100% natural in the intro episode, which was set in Tijuana haha
A lot of times, english really feels weird when everything about the location says that you should be hearing japanese imo

Subbed is by far the better option, although you have to spend time reading the subtitles, the Japanese brings the anime alive. A friend asked me a while back to watch "Assassination Classroom", he showed me the first few episodes dubbed and it was hard on the ears.

Subbed because the dubbed voices are too creepy

Quote:(09-08-2018, 01:05 AM)BigSuc Wrote:

Quote: (07-21-2018, 11:44 AM)Jiggly Wrote:

One of the things that might have helped with Cowboy Bebop is that english felt 100% natural in the intro episode, which was set in Tijuana haha
A lot of times, english really feels weird when everything about the location says that you should be hearing japanese imo

That's not a half bad point. Cowboy Bebop was influenced by New York and Jazz, which are obviously very western themed, so English would seem right at home. I still think my main reason for liking that dub, is because it sounds more real and less like fake/acting voices. That could also be a product of its time.