Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 347 Vote(s) - 3.57 Average
Tales of the Sea | Drawing | «The Seaside» re-make

Click image to check gallery

[To see links please register here]

Ooo, this is a really nice piece.

That's very nice! Are you planning on making it a vector?

Well, you were always good with shapes. This is no exception of that. Though the "dot shadows" could be better implement to make each object or creature more visible. (That and I am having a hard time finding a light source.) That being said however, it is a well made piece and an improvement over the previous one. On that side note, you might wanna link to the original that this image is a remake of. (So people can see said improvement.)

So do you hand draw these, then photocopy them to your computer/upload a picture of them, then proceed to do minor editing on Photoshop?

Quote:(08-20-2016, 02:46 PM)Crovus Wrote:

Well, you were always good with shapes. This is no exception of that. Though the "dot shadows" could be better implement to make each object or creature more visible. (That and I am having a hard time finding a light source.) That being said however, it is a well made piece and an improvement over the previous one. On that side note, you might wanna link to the original that this image is a remake of. (So people can see said improvement.)

Linked to portfolio, which contains all of that.

Quote:(08-20-2016, 06:28 PM)Silence Wrote:

So do you hand draw these, then photocopy them to your computer/upload a picture of them, then proceed to do minor editing on Photoshop?

Only drawn on paper and that's it.

Really nice, I feel it's a bit dark though

Quote:(08-25-2016, 12:24 AM)VirtusGraphics Wrote:

Most people don't bother with that, hence the direct link instead. (Or a side by side comparison would be even better,)

Well to be painfully accurate here, you would need to first draw it for hand, then scan it into your computer to get it digitally. (Or take a hand image of it, but that might look awful.) That and this image was originally drawn on white, so you did do some after edits in the terms of changing the background color and adding some slight effects to it seems. (Vignette and noise.)

Quote:(08-25-2016, 08:54 AM)Crovus Wrote:

Quote: (08-25-2016, 12:24 AM)VirtusGraphics Wrote:

Most people don't bother with that, hence the direct link instead. (Or a side by side comparison would be even better,)

Well to be painfully accurate here, you would need to first draw it for hand, then scan it into your computer to get it digitally. (Or take a hand image of it, but that might look awful.) That and this image was originally drawn on white, so you did do some after edits in the terms of changing the background color and adding some slight effects to it seems. (Vignette and noise.)

For the sake of showing, I took a photo of it made it black and white.
It's actually natural (vingette and noisewise), and the paper isn't really 100% white. In combination with a poor lamp, as I could not be arsed to set up the lamps at night, it was very yellow.

Quote:(08-25-2016, 11:47 AM)VirtusGraphics Wrote:

For the sake of showing, I took a photo of it made it black and white.
It's actually natural (vingette and noisewise), and the paper isn't really 100% white. In combination with a poor lamp, as I could not be arsed to set up the lamps at night, it was very yellow.

Yes, but it is not dark brown with gray mixed in. That and there is no such thing as "natural vignette or noise". Its an effect by digital media, and the image you showcase in this thread has both of them. The noise might not be intentional, but the vignette is. (That or you use a stock texture for the background without noticing the vignette.)