Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 377 Vote(s) - 3.47 Average
The Headset Thread (Info and Reviews)

Well frankly, I've seen a lot of threads lately asking about headsets and what to buy, what's good and what's bad, which is cheaper, all the questions that can be easily figured out. So to avoid most of the confusion and bickering, I am pulling one of my posts from here actually and putting it in a thread along with some other useful videos, reviews, and the ability to ask me ANYTHING about headsets. I've owned numerous headsets and many members in this section can vouch for my expertise with electronics and where you are going to get the most bang for your buck.

Now I'm not saying that my opinion is superior to anyone here because I know I am not the smartest. However, a thread is needed for someone to find out what to buy and a member that will be supportive of their questions and answer to the fullest extent. So I present to you, my review.

Quote:People that rate headsets by companies are absolutely ignorant. I've had multiple Tritton, Steelseries, Astro, Turtle Beach, and Razer headsets and here's what I think you should do for your headset situation.

If you're going to go with Astros, go with the A30s or the new model of the A40s. The A50s to be honest have been a huge upset if you ask me, especially when you're expecting improvement from the previous models. The A30s would have to be my favorite since they are very light and are useful not only on both PC and Xbox, but you can use these as headphones as well. That's one of my favorite things about them and you won't look full-retard when wearing them. The only problem is that they might feel flimsy, just like the previous model of the A40s. The new A40s feel much more sturdy, but I like the comfort of the A30s over the A40s.

If you're going to go with Tritton, I'm going to specify now that their customer service is fair. I had a representative that had answered to all my emails, but it was in a delayed fashion. It would take 1 week after my email for me to get what I wanted, after troubleshooting and all. Just to have the replacement microphone ordered, not even sent. I had a couple headsets from them (old models) and I had 1 new model and I must say that they have improved a lot. I think they've come a long way from where they started and I don't think you can go wrong with any of thier headsets right now, including their wireless model, Warhead. They deliver sturdy and quality headsets and from my previous purchase, they offer 2 types of ear pads. I find that an awesome way to say to the customer "Here's our product and if you don't like the feel on our ear pads, here's another set and you should love these." Honestly, you can't go wrong with this company, but be warned about their delayed customer service. If you're going to choose a headset from these guys, I would go with the Pro+ or Warheads.

Turtle Beach headsets were the first company I went to for a gaming headset and I had the original X1 headset. I've had nothing but good things to say about them since I always kept them hanging on my TV and never thrown around. However, this is just my opinion and if you decide to go back to their headsets, stay away from their wireless headsets unless you're going to go with the XP500s. Bluetooth is so much better than wireless, especially since the Turtle Beach wireless modem would interfere with the WiFi in my room.

Razer headsets I've only used on my PC and I'm very satisfied with the quality I've gotten from them. Phenomenal customer support and probably the most durable out of the companies that I've had experiences with. I had their micless headset which I used for music and I must say that the quality of the sound was bar-none. You're probably going to wind up paying a significant amount, but their low-teir headsets are going to be your best bet. The Chimaera's were probably my favorite out of all their headsets, but take note I've only owned 2 from them which were the older model of the Krakens, and I borrowed the BlackSharks from a friend of mine and they felt amazing, but they're bulky beyond belief.

Finally, my favorite overall company and the headset I have currently to this date for PC and Xbox 360. Steelseries is really one company I find to be most versatile with their headsets when it comes to console / PC gaming. They offer all of the wires and materials on their website that you would need and I wouldn't settle for anyone else after going to their company. The only pet peeve about their headsets is their awful mix-amp that they offer. I find it rather atrocious and lack of customization. If you ask me, I would go with the Astro mix-amp when purchasing their headsets and you have an unbeatable combo for any console or computer. Most of their headsets offer an "auto-flex" head support which I find better than manually adjusting your headset. Probably one of my more favorite features on their headsets. I currently own the Siberia v2s and the retractable microphone is also an awesome feature.

I hope this post helps you and others. If you can't find anything out of these companies, I would check Sennheiser as well. I've never really owned or experienced these headsets, but I've been told they're the best in audio quality.

Here are some videos from my buddy MLGSteggy that will help you decide what headset to purchase.

Youtube Channel URL:

[To see links please register here]

These are just some of my favorite videos and the popular headsets that are recommended and reviewed, especially here when they're asked about all the time. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Yes, I know my threads are not pretty.

Wonderful thread, Matthew! I recently purchased:

I received it 2 days ago.
Thank-you for this thread!

Quote:(04-26-2013, 07:26 AM)Reign Wrote:

Wonderful thread, Matthew! I recently purchased:

I received it 2 days ago.
Thank-you for this thread! :smile:

Wonderful choice here. Let me know if you have any questions / concerns about that headset.

Wonderfull thread.

I myself have the TurtleBeach P11 edition. They are amazing :smile:
They are only a bit dusty since I can't use them atm -_-