Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 227 Vote(s) - 3.46 Average
The Last Of Us Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Well... I am huge fan of the games and the first day i heard they were doing a show I was against the idea, despite me they made the show anyway (how dare HBO?) and I was extremely apprehensive and almost certain that they would fuck it up. Im here to tell you that they absolutely smashed it and made what will probably be one of the best shows of 2023, maybe of all time by the end of it.

They captured the look and feel of the games perfectly, everything from the brown/green/grey colour scheme of the games to the dilapidated environments and the overall sombre atmosphere. I knew there would be changes and there are plenty but they all make sense and work very well with the unchanged parts of the story. They even done a few shots that were 1 to 1 for scenes in the game like when Joel wakes up after bringing Ellie back to his apartment and she is sitting across from him looking out the window at the rain, gave me goosebumps.

The one problem I have with a change that they made is that they have Joel both dealing and taking drugs in the show, specifically Oxycodone. Joel is a smuggler not a drug dealer and definitely not a drug user. These changes cast the character in a very different light and I really hope they are restricted to this one episode. I just dont understand why they felt the need to include that in the show, in my opinion it only serves to diminish the respect the viewer has for Joel which i think is unnecessary.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of this and even more so for the PC release of the remake in march which will be the best version of the game.

Wait wtf, they made a show?

Quote:(01-18-2023, 05:08 AM)LovelyMoose Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Wait wtf, they made a show?
Yes bro, first ep was released 2 days ago and it was amazing.

Writing is bad, latest episode had terrible dialogue, way too melodramatic.

Quote:(02-21-2023, 04:59 AM)Trafford3Devil Wrote:

Couldnt disagree more with you. I think ep 6 was a great episode, no there was not really any action but a great deal of character development took place. I assume the melodrama you are talking about is Joels emotional struggle with Ellie and his brother Tommy. They put a different twist on this compared to the game and I like it because it actually adds more depth to Joels character and makes him more believable. Ellie manages to bring a close to their conflict in very entertaining 'Ellie' way - Bella Ramsey does an amazing job of that character.

Quote:(02-26-2023, 02:31 AM)EquitableEngineer Wrote:

Quote: (02-21-2023, 04:59 AM)Trafford3Devil Wrote:

Couldnt disagree more with you. I think ep 6 was a great episode, no there was not really any action but a great deal of character development took place. I assume the melodrama you are talking about is Joels emotional struggle with Ellie and his brother Tommy. They put a different twist on this compared to the game and I like it because it actually adds more depth to Joels character and makes him more believable. Ellie manages to bring a close to their conflict in very entertaining 'Ellie' way - Bella Ramsey does an amazing job of that character.

Hey different strokes for different folks. To me it felt out of charcter and hammy.

Quote:(02-26-2023, 09:55 AM)Trafford3Devil Wrote:

Hey different strokes for different folks. To me it felt out of charcter and hammy.
What you make of ep 3? The Bill episode.

Quote:(02-26-2023, 10:24 PM)EquitableEngineer Wrote:

Quote: (02-26-2023, 09:55 AM)Trafford3Devil Wrote:

What you make of ep 3? The Bill episode.

Was annoyed at first but it's grown on me. But it seems like the writers are more interested in telling these side stories to the point where it detracts the main story.

Heard good things about the show. Really strange decision to make Joel a drug dealer.

Quote:(02-27-2023, 06:50 PM)Trafford3Devil Wrote:

Was annoyed at first but it's grown on me. But it seems like the writers are more interested in telling these side stories to the point where it detracts the main story.

Hidden Content
You must

or

to view this content.