Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 267 Vote(s) - 3.66 Average
Turkey/Syria Earthquake - 4k+ Dead

An earthquake encompassing Turkey and Syria has killed around 4000 people, with numbers varying. Prayers for anyone in the region.

Quote:A huge earthquake killed more than 3,700 people across a swathe of Turkey and northwest Syria on Monday, with freezing winter weather adding to the plight of the thousands left injured or homeless and hampering efforts to find survivors.

[To see links please register here]

quake brought down whole apartment blocks in Turkish cities and piled more devastation on millions of Syrians displaced by years of war.

It struck before sunrise in harsh weather and was followed in the early afternoon by another large quake.

Read More:

[To see links please register here]

Quote:An earthquake encompassing Turkey and Syria has killed around 4000 people
Once they start sifting through the rubble, I wouldn't be surprised If that figure doubles.

I do hope I stand corrected.

Yeah, it' crazy every time I look, the number just keeps going up with hundreds at a time..

I just heard that a new earthquake (5.2-magnitude) hit both Syria and Turkey today on February 20

That's an awful tragedy, so many people died( Unfortunately I've heard that these earthquakes will not stopped in nearest time.

As someone living in Turkey. This was a very bad disaster.

I think the death toll has now reached 50,000+ which is pretty difficult to comprehend. That's ignoring the injured and people who lost their homes. Insane amount of life loss and damage.

I do hope as many lessons are learned as possible, and that any rebuilding takes place with the best earthquake proofing possible. Beyond just "not living there", there's little else you can do to guard against earthquakes.

I did see a really heartwarming story this morning about a couple of British emergency workers who got to video call with someone whose life they saved. It's rare that first responders or emergency workers get to find out the fates of people they rescue once they're sent on their way to hospital. On this occasion they got to facetime a man they saved who made it to hospital, then made a great recovery and was with his children and mother. It really gave them a chance to see the people whose life they'd impacted.