Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 242 Vote(s) - 3.54 Average
What am I supposed to do about pending messages on a decommissioned cassandra node?

I am referring official documentation at

[To see links please register here]

for removing a node from a cassandra cluster.

After the node is decommissioned 'nodetool netstats' gives:

Mode: DECOMMISSIONED
Not sending any streams.
Read Repair Statistics:
Attempted: 0
Mismatch (Blocking): 0
Mismatch (Background): 0
Pool Name Active Pending Completed Dropped
Large messages n/a 4 0 0
Small messages n/a 4 21 0
Gossip messages n/a 0 132998 0

By looking at value of 'Mode', I feel that the node is successfully decommissioned/ removed. But I start doubting when I see there are 'Pending' messages.

I could not find any info about how can I interpret this info and what am I supposed to do?
Is the node really removed? Do I need to ensure that there are no pending messages? How can I?

If **nodetool status** on other nodes doesn't showing removed server, desregard the pending messages, there's not much you can do after the node is removed from the cluster.

Review **system.log**, and see if the node completed decommission successfully and if there were any errors, add them to question.