Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 338 Vote(s) - 3.34 Average
What's the point of DDosing?

Alot of people were asking me what's the point of ddosing / booting people's ip.

Well, there's various reasons.

1) You own an online business and want to kick the other website offline to get customers to come to your site instead.

2) You do it for currency, e.g duel staking in Runescape and boot them off making you win.

3) You do it to your rivals, just because you hate them :wink:

4) Lets say you find the IP of a large buisness.
You SE a phone number to a specific desk.
You get the IP for that computer.
Boot the IP and then call the desk saying "IT department, are you experiencing any trouble blah blah blah" and then end up with vital information.
Hope you understand now why ddosing is popular and why people pay for it.

5) Make a ddos / booting service.

6) Ddos online penny-auction sites while your winning so no one else can bid on them = bank made.

(Credits to v-cat for the 4th one / nhbody for the 5th and Racial Edward for the 6th!)

Quote:(08-28-2012, 07:00 PM)v-cat Wrote:

[To see links please register here]

Well one good use if you actually like SE'ing and hacking for profit.

Lets say you find the IP of a large buisness.
You SE a phone number to a specific desk.
You get the IP for that computer.
Boot the IP and then call the desk saying "IT department, are you experiencing any trouble blah blah blah" and then end up with vital information.

other than that, just fun or to get "revenge"

Ah nice one :p

Added it into the thread :p

1. Set up booter
2. Get tons of booting capacity
3. Offer on HF
4. ...
5. Profit!

Quote:(08-29-2012, 02:59 AM)Nohbdy Wrote:

1. Set up booter
2. Get tons of booting capacity
3. Offer on HF
4. ...
5. Profit!

Nice one, added it to the list

I knew some people that once did it to a penny-auction site and made quite a bit of money.

Most people aren't that smart about it though. They do it out of pure anger, or boredom, which can really upset people. Only target people who deserve it, right?

Think of it this way, If a commercial popular site get a DDos attack, their server gets down, and the rivals get benefits. Many times the main cause of DDosing is this.
Big providers have good firewall to block them, the small companies have lesser protection, thats why they become target, But I still don't understand what benefits the hackers get from attacking a small business!

Quote:(09-01-2012, 04:33 AM)Radical Edward Wrote:

I knew some people that once did it to a penny-auction site and made quite a bit of money.

I can see how this would work - great idea mate.

Quote:(09-01-2012, 04:33 AM)Radical Edward Wrote:

You just gave me the best idea ever :smile: I will have to look into this test how strong the site is.

Quote:(09-04-2012, 05:58 AM)EquinoxRhyme Wrote:

Quote: (09-01-2012, 04:33 AM)Radical Edward Wrote:

You just gave me the best idea ever :smile: I will have to look into this test how strong the site is.

I know there's people on HF with super-strong booters so you can ask them to do it - most have a service.