Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 474 Vote(s) - 3.52 Average
Why Bitcoin won't win, and why it's already dead

@"FunkyG" The Germans seem to love BC and BCH

[To see links please register here]

Quote:(01-06-2018, 07:11 PM)Oni Wrote:

I've already gotten 2-3 PMs today from people that want to upgrade, but didn't want to pay the transaction fees. I wouldn't say that BTC has no future, but I would say it's outgrown it's current construct. People are likely to use alternative coins, with less carbon footprint or lower transaction fees. We've begun accepting BCH and ETH, for the people that are no longer using BTC or want an alternative.
BCH seems to be doing really well with low fees and great speeds.

Quote:(01-08-2018, 01:52 AM)Elf Wrote:

Quote: (01-06-2018, 07:11 PM)Oni Wrote:

I've already gotten 2-3 PMs today from people that want to upgrade, but didn't want to pay the transaction fees. I wouldn't say that BTC has no future, but I would say it's outgrown it's current construct. People are likely to use alternative coins, with less carbon footprint or lower transaction fees. We've begun accepting BCH and ETH, for the people that are no longer using BTC or want an alternative.
BCH seems to be doing really well with low fees and great speeds.

It may be, but it will never be the new BTC.
No matter what

Yea, another problem with Bitcoin is the whole blockchain thing. It's ridiculous in size and keep growing.

Quote:(01-10-2018, 03:30 AM)Hoss Wrote:

Yea, another problem with Bitcoin is the whole blockchain thing. It's ridiculous in size and keep growing.

It's actually neat how Merkle trees are used to reduce the size of old transactions, but they do increase the size for new transactions.
There should be a system where each node has a part of the blockchain, and any user can request a part from a node, which then asks the other nodes until a node with that part is found. Thus, the size issue is eliminated by cutting up the blockchain. (or just don't use a blockchain, that works too)

I turned to Monero a while ago. Got some now and thinking of selling it

Many people are skeptical about bitcoin, but I'm sure that this crypto currency has a great future. In addition, when paying bitcoins in online stores, you can get a discount

Quote:(01-12-2018, 03:06 PM)NexttxeN Wrote:

Many people are skeptical about bitcoin, but I'm sure that this crypto currency has a great future. In addition, when paying bitcoins in online stores, you can get a discount

Did you read what I sent?
Most people are skeptical without a good reason. In my case, I listed actual issues with the technology behind Bitcoin. Any store can implement a discount for any other cryptocurrency...
On top of all this, the curve that Bitcoin uses for ECC isn't very secure. You can look at the curves here:

Bitcoin uses secp256k1, with an equation of y^2 = x^3+0x+7, which becomes y^2 = x^3 + 7 for it's curve. The curve fails 4 of the safecurves tests, and was an unusual curve to begin with. There really wasn't a great reason for it to be used in Bitcoin, since nobody else used it, so it didn't get much review. Other cryptocurrencies don't all use this curve, lots of them use better ones.

[size=1pt]@"phyrrus9"[/size]

Speaking from an economical standpoint @"Ender" is correct about BitCoin, so far all crypto currencies are far to volatile, large companies that used to accept it can't anymore and companies like Overstock that do accept it are unable to keep up with its volatility, though they are giving it one hell of a shot. In order for this to become the money of the future some major governments need to step up and back the same coin in order to make it more stable and BTC just doesn't make the cut for all the reasons mentioned previously. Maybe one day a crypto currency will become the next euro, till then it's just another thing to day trade.

Greetings from 2022!
<3
<3
<3
<3