Create an account

Very important

• To access the important data of the forums, you must be active in each forum and especially in the leaks and database leaks section, send data and after sending the data and activity, data and important content will be opened and visible for you.
  • You will only see chat messages from people who are at or below your level.
  • More than 500,000 database leaks and millions of account leaks are waiting for you, so access and view with more activity.
  • Many important data are inactive and inaccessible for you, so open them with activity. (This will be done automatically)

Thread Rating:
  • 181 Vote(s) - 3.6 Average
Why is access to the path denied?

If this is an IIS website that is having the problem, check the Identity property of the advanced settings for the application pool that the site or application uses. You may find that it is set to ApplicationPoolIdentity, and in that case then this is the user that will have to have access to the path.

Or you can go old style and simply set the Identity to Network Service, and give the Network Service user access to the path.

> The exception that is thrown when the operating system denies access
> because of an I/O error or a specific type of security error.

I hit the same thing. Check to ensure that the file is NOT HIDDEN.

According to [File.Delete Method](

[To see links please register here]

)...

An `UnauthorizedAccessException` means one of 4 things:

- The caller does not have the required permission.
- The file is an executable file that is in use.
- Path is a directory.
- Path specified a read-only file.

I was facing this error because

Sometimes when I `Combine` the *path* with *File Name* and `FileName = ""`

It become `Path Directory` not a `file` which is a problem as [mentioned above][1]

so you must check for `FileName` like this

if(itemUri!="")
File.Delete(Path.Combine(RemoteDirectoryPath, itemUri));

[1]:

[To see links please register here]

This is an old issue, but I ran into it while searching. Turns out that I was missing the actual filename component in the save path for SaveAs...

string uploadPath = Server.MapPath("~/uploads");
file.SaveAs(uploadPath); // BAD
file.SaveAs(Path.Combine(uploadPath, file.FileName)); // GOOD

I got this error and solved it in just a moment. Don't know why all of my folders are read-only,I cancelled the read-only and apply it. However, it is still read-only. So I moved the file into the root folder, it works - so weird.

An UnauthorizedAccessException exception is thrown when the operating system denies access because of an I/O error or a security error.

If you are attempting to access a file or registry key, make sure it is **not read-only**.

I had the exact error when deleting a file. It was a Windows Service running under a Service Account which was unable to delete a .pdf document from a Shared Folder even though it had Full Control of the folder.

What worked for me was navigating to the Security tab of the Shared Folder > Advanced > Share > Add.

I then added the service account to the administrators group, applied the changes and the service account was then able to perform all operations on all files within that folder.

I have also faced this issue when my window service started throwing the exception

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:\\Order\\Media
44aa4857-3bac-4a18-a307-820450361662.mp4" is denied.
So as a solution, I checked the user account associated with my service, as shown in below screen capture

[![enter image description here][1]][1]

So in my case it was **NETWORK SERVICE**

And then went to the __folder properties__ to check if the associated user account also exists under their permission tab. It was missing in my case and when I added it and it fixed my issue.

For more information please check the below screen capture

[![enter image description here][2]][2]

[1]:

[2]:

same issue for me too,
I was pointing the folder instead of file.

so make sure in path, give path+filename

System.IO.File.WriteAllBytes("path", bytearray);